Kokum Butter? Best Place to Buy??

Kymber

Thanks Chickie! I saw that there was a pretty big difference in price between the 2....I wonder how much difference in quality?? I can't remember where the Kokum butter I got in the co-op came from. It was back when Shutterbug did the co-op.

Your welcome hon. I really don't know about the chemistry store personally, but have seen it posted here many times that people buy from them. I will probably order there next time I run out and there is no co-op going on.

I usually get mine in the co-op's too, but I think I had gotten mine from oilsbynature before I tried the co-op's.

I didn't notice any difference in them.

I'd consider doing a Biochemica co-op (kokum plus maybe 1 other item - keep it simple) starting some time in April if there was enough interest. But I don't have time to mess around with getting pricing right now so if someone wants to get the ball rolling I am happy to pick it up.

I'd consider doing a Biochemica co-op (kokum plus maybe 1 other item - keep it simple) starting some time in April if there was enough interest. But I don't have time to mess around with getting pricing right now so if someone wants to get the ball rolling I am happy to pick it up.

Who is Biochemica??

Carebear-- I got some samples from them and the person who responded to my request for more info told me they sell items with a 25kg min. per type.

Really quick to respond. I'm not familiar with setting up a co-op, but if you plan to later down the road, I'm all over it!

They did, but unfortunately, I lost the email (outlook) from my computer reformat. :( I cannot remember. They gave me a couple of the suppliers too and I believe the price was cheaper than what the other suppliers were offering, but I couldn't afford to buy so much at a time.

Also, regarding some of their butters that you didn't know could be butters. haha Well, they're a mixture of a few butters. I got a sample of chamomile butter and it was a mixture of a couple of butters. I wish I would have known that before, but I suppose that's why I sampled! :) Some interesting ideas though!

I'd do a co-op from biochemica. Minimum order is 25 kilos (just over 50 lbs). Come April I'll put out feelers. Maybe sooner if I'm feeling suicidal adventurous.

LOL, CareBear....but we do need a butters co-op. I missed the soaper's choice.

Would the 50 lbs of butter come in a huge box or in one of those scary 4 ft high drums?

By the way, one of Biochemica's distributors is wholesale supplies plus.