Wicking suggestion

I am hesitant to ask this because replies to my threads have been "not-so-nice" at times but I am at wick's end (ha ha.... get it?)Anyway... I have a strawberry scented batch of wax. CBadvanced. Started at 10% FO but couldn't get it to burn right so took that down to 7%. In other containers it has burned great, so I moved on to bigger. I have a 6" tall, 3.5" wide Apothecary Jar. I have done everything I can think of to wick it. CD's have been working well with me so I started with 22's and went down from there. So far still no luck. I realize this might have to be double wicked (which I hate) or scrapped all together. Any suggestions before I throw the jar across the room and pull out my hair?

Thanks BizzyB. I have come to the conclusion that is what I am going to have to do. I researched threads on here and actually saw one in the Vegie forum that gave me a lot of answers that it may just be impossible to single wick this jar. I get split opinions on double wicked jars. Some people say it's pretty, others say they know it just means the wax will melt better and leave no hang up, others hate the look. Even had an aunt tell me it was the manufacturers way of burning the candle faster, thus making you need to buy another sooner. I told her that was not true. Thanks though, I appreciate it.

I have a strawberry scented batch of wax. CBadvanced.
I researched threads on here and actually saw one in the Vegie forum that gave me a lot of answers that it may just be impossible to single wick this jar.

That would be the place to find answers about soy wax :wink2:

Try the old forum archived forum as well. You're not the first person to come to the conclusion that you either have to double wick or ditch the apothecary, and the taller they get, the more fun they become.

I'm a first timer here, I hope I do this correctly. Vanillasniffie I use cb advance with an LX30 in a 26 oz apothecary jar and it burns fine for me, I also use the same wick in the 16oz apothecary jars. I am due to order more wax and I'm thinking about going to try cb 135 to get the better hot scent throw. Actually I was thinking about mixing the two and see if I can come up with a great mixture.