"PEA" size wax melts?

I was contacted my someone interested in buying "25 - 30 cups of lavender scented wax melts"...anyone know how to make these? There has to be some type of mold out there...but all I have are choc chips or jelly beans that are even close to that size.

Also..how would you price these....per cup....per pound??

I was contacted my someone interested in buying "25 - 30 cups of lavender scented wax melts"...anyone know how to make these? There has to be some type of mold out there...but all I have are choc chips or jelly beans that are even close to that size.

Also..how would you price these....per cup....per pound??

I dont know but I sure would get tired of pouring them. That is alot of jelly beans or chocoalte chips...

If you are talking about those scented wax things they can really only be commercially made. It looks like it's made the same way as a lot of additives, dropped onto a plate. That is why it's flat on one side and rounded on the other.

Karen B

THANKS kimmeroo!!!

I am sure those are what she is taking about...I'm not home so I cant send you the picture she sent me...but maybe I should send her those links because I honestly dont think I want this order....does anyone else????

You know these reminds me of the candy drop you buy on sheet. Remember those?

I think these can be made easily by laying out wax paper and make tons and tons of droplet LOL using pipette dropper or something it can drip off of.

sounds time consuming.

Meg

Is something like this what she is talking about?

http://www.candlesoylutions.com/closeup.asp?cid=18&pid=884&offset=0

If so, I don't think they would have been made by dropping wax onto a flat surface; the top is too rounded for that. A mold of some kind was probably used, imo. I did a version of these one time and bought a mini chocolate chip mold to use, and I thought they turned out cute. The shape was slightly different with a little point on top, but I didn't think that mattered. I got over it quickly, though, and sold the mold when I saw how difficult it was to keep from overfilling the cavities and the drops having little "aprons" around the edges.:tongue2: Later, I read that to prevent that from happening, you use a wide blade like a pastry scraper and remove the excess wax before it sets up. If I still had the mold, I might try it again.

Are you going to buy the molds, do the testing using your wax, dye, FO, etc for this one customer? Sheesh.

I wouldn't even consider it unless its something I had been planning on and had already mastered the technique for and have a known market for it. JMO

THANKS kimmeroo!!!

I am sure those are what she is taking about...I'm not home so I cant send you the picture she sent me...but maybe I should send her those links because I honestly dont think I want this order....does anyone else????

Your very welcome Jen!;) I would def. send the links to her..tell her you don't have the right equipment to get the results she wants..and it would be better for her to order some herself from one of the places you gave her the links for!

We chandlers don't get enough as it is for all of our hard work and time as it is!

Good luck whatever decision you make! Kimmeroo:smiley2:

Thank guys!!!

Yeah...its a bit to much I do believe....I am to nice I am told at times and bend over backwards to give a customer what they want but to make matters worst...she needs these NOW...like yesterday and I just can't with the crazy hours I have been working at my FT job...well suppose to be PT but has never been PT since I started a year ago...lol...and I dont know about you guys...but it seems the week I have to much going on...is the week I get orders like crazy.

Thanks again for all the links...I will pass on all the links to her and I'm sure she will find what she wants.

OH..BTW...she sent me a pic...I havent hosted it or what ever its called...to tired to think here...so I cant put it on here...but its name is "candle kit" and it was a small pic so I made it bigger and "Mark" was on the container...I searched and found it on line

http://shop.meetmark.com/shop/product.asp?pf_id=32637&from=search&find_spec=candle&camp=200806&dir_delivery=1&rep_delivery=1

She said she was doing a event so I'm guessing she wants to make candles with them...she said not to worry about packaging...she was going to do that.

Are you going to buy the molds, do the testing using your wax, dye, FO, etc for this one customer? Sheesh.

I wouldn't even consider it unless its something I had been planning on and had already mastered the technique for and have a known market for it. JMO

You said it!!! But actually...other then buying the mold or molds...I wouldnt think I would have to test again...its wax melts just in a smaller form. I honestly would use the same wax I always do for tarts, add FO, dye...etc...just like I do for my reg size melts but just pour them in a smaller mold....but yeah I know what you mean and no...I dont think I would master the technique unless I did know what the market was for that type of melts...seems to much pouring for me...lol....just think how many of those little suckers it would take to make a pound!!!

just think how many of those little suckers it would take to make a pound!!!

534...535...About one of the molds sag posted filled to the top. That candle pic you posted does look really unique. And think about as they melt th colors might blend. You may have me adding something else to my test list....

Check out this website:

http://stores.ebay.com/Scorpio-Innovations

I think somewhere in there are dots. He has all kinds of shapes.

I got a mold from him with small hearts. They aren't too bad to make but time consuming. I just melt leftover votive wax. I use a pipette, drop the wax into the molds. Each mold makes approx 0.2 oz of hearts.

I was going to package them in clear containers with 1 oz in each container.

I don't know how they make pea sized melts, but I have a product called DOTZ that I use for using up wax left over from tarts & votives. They are about the size of a nickel cut in half. I made a couple molds for them at work. They're a pain to pour, but they use up the wax.

We use them as an enticement to buy at craft shows. Buy 2 candles, get a bag of DOTZ of your choice.

Fredron

....Grey?

In the end maybe but as the top layers melt the top color, pink would run down into the brown....but then, you would have lots of wicking issues. There would never really be a MP. The wax would just run down for a good amount of the burn time....it just got scratched off my list.

Thanks for finding it, was too early in the morning to hunt for it.

The guy is a fast shipper and the molds are very well made. Right now I am plugging along making a supply of each fragrance. Want to get some more molds so it will then go faster!!!

I was thinking after I posted last night and logged off...I would actually have to do some testing...I would 1st off want to be able to tell customers how many they could use in a melter if they are using them as melts and then if they are using them for candles to see how they are with a wick....I would almost have to include a wick and a container to be safe...or just make the candle myself...hmm..yeah to much work for me...lol...it is something to work on this summer though.

I emailed "Enchanted Lites" http://www.enchanted-lites.com/6a.htm

yesterday just to see how many oz 25-30 cups would be....just wanted to see...I got a reply back today and this is what it says:

"Thank you for your inquiry. An 8 ounce cup will hold approximately 6-7ounces of Scented Soy Drops. So you will need about 11-13 pounds of drops"

and they offered to give me a deal at $4.25 a pound....boy thats alot of pouring....13 pounds of those dots...lol.....but hey...it seems kinda easy...so I think I might try it this summer....I will be off work more and have time to play around with new things!!