The Weekend is here. What are you soaping?

LovelyLathers

This weekend I am going to try a beer soap. Has anyone done this? If so any suggestions? I"ve had it sitting in a bowl and it is flat. I am also going to play around with some eo blends I have been working on. WHat are you doing?

My only suggestion is don't freak out if the scent doesn't come through right away. It may take a while for the scent to take over and the beer (mead) scent to fade. That has been my experience anyway.

I think I'm going to try and do the dot thing like Soapfreak did with her LoveNote and Lavendar hugs soap. I doubt it will be anywhere near as nice as hers, but I love the button look and then the heart look after swirling it. Other than that, I got a TON of new candlemaking stuff that I bought from a friend so this will probably be a carving/pouring wax weekend for me. :)

I just finished a Southern soapers Tranquil Spa goats milk, oatmeal salt bar. I did a 3 color swirl with it. It smells wonderful. Behaved great with lots of play time. I will post pics in the gallery when I get them cut. I did a few of the BW fo's and I love them. The Rune is a nice mans fo, the Hummingbird is realy nice for a floral, too.The Clean Cotton salt bars sound great, Wildangel. Fire, Salt bars are fun. You do need to read up on them though. Especially for cutting them. There are some great threads here for them. Make sure you check Grumpy's tutorial in the classroom too.

Well if I get the lip balms done and labeled and have some time when I'm not doing the other job ... I think I'll soap the rest of my Ultraviolet. I'd like to get some Lilac, Sakura Cherry Blossom and some more patchouli scents done, restock on Full Moon and keep my nose out of the maduro lol.

well I'm only a couple of weeks into soap making (M&P), so I'm making soaps for fun rather than orders at the moment.

Today I'm going to be working with clear soaps, seeing how I can colour them, glitters, micas etc.

Made a roll in a loaf last night in violet and pinks, of course the girls loved it, so this morning, THEY have decided more pinks and violets. So we are all making some pink and violet chunks with a yellow overpour. Not sure of the fo, as I don't have too many yet.

Maybe something in goatsmilk later, but I'm rapidly running out of gm base so it'll just be 1 or 2 bars rather than a loaf.

Am I really sad that I got up at 2am to unmold last nights loaf? ;)

Am I really sad that I got up at 2am to unmold last nights loaf? ;)

No, welcome to the soaping addiction. I think no matter weather it is M&P or CP if you get hooked you will do some "strange" things. They become our babies! How did the pink and violet chunky soap come out? I would love to see some pics.

No, welcome to the soaping addiction. I think no matter weather it is M&P or CP if you get hooked you will do some "strange" things. They become our babies! How did the pink and violet chunky soap come out? I would love to see some pics.

hehe, I remember the wax addiction well, this is just as bad. Can't get in kitchen at minute to unmold as hubby is making dinner ;)

will post piccies later tonight :D