One BUTT UGLY Soap, and one not-so-ugly one!

Michi

Here's some recent soaps I've done.

This first one is Solas' Elderberry, which immediately upon pouring the FO into my soap, turned the whole batch bright mac-n-cheese orange! Which wasn't so bad cuz it kinda went well with my purples and green, for a mardi gras kinda look. :)

BUT THEN, it started to get darker and darker, until it turned into this ugly baby poo colored mess :rolleyes:

Fugly ain't it?! LOL Oh well, it smells yumma!

post-379-139458443509_thumb.jpg

post-379-139458443513_thumb.jpg

post-379-139458443515_thumb.jpg

Ok here's Ultra Violet from TSW:

My attempts at swirling are just not getting any better, although at first I was sure they would be gorgeous (looking at the top and sides of the mold right afterwards), but after cutting, just a bunch of jumbled color on the inside. Oh well, at least the color went all the way through and this scent is KICKIN'! LOVE IT! Just cannot afford it (just had 2oz.). LOL

Oh and my purple leaves little to be desired! :rolleyes: Not the purple I envisioned when I was mixing oxides. Can't wait to get my new colorants from the coop!

post-379-139458443517_thumb.jpg

post-379-139458443519_thumb.jpg

post-379-13945844352_thumb.jpg

post-379-139458443522_thumb.jpg

I agree... it isn't ENTIRELY fugly, lol.. but isn't it amazing the transformation from beginning to end?? Always amazes me. Was this because of a Vanilla element in the FO or just a chemical type reaction overall?

I think the second one makes up for it though, really I do! It's lovely to me.

The top of that elderberry one is gorgeous! Sure wish it would have stayed around instead of gotten darker. Think it was croome who tried this one and had no success with it so I just stayed away from soaping it.

The UV one is good looking and what's wrong with that purple? It's the color of purple I don't think I can ever get!