Wax Chemistry for Scent Throw.....Questions

I have always wondered exactly what it is that one wax has better (kind of chemistry) than another to throw the scent better. What makes a wax produce a better scent throw if they all have the same about of fragrance oil and the same quality of fragrance oil in them and even the same amount of Vybar, etc.? :confused: Does anyone know the scientific answer to this? Hey TopofMurrayHill, do you know? :wink2: What makes wax "release" the fragrance better and what keeps one from releasing it well? Thanks!

I can't help you with that but I bet Al at Calwax (Calsoy) can! I e-mailed him the other day to ask a question about their CB-30 wax and he responded right away, very helpful. I'd be curious to know this too so if you do ask him it would be great if you could post what he says :grin2:

I have thought about this question a lot.Has anyone checked msds sheets and found a similarity for fragrances that work in a particular wax? When I first started making candles I was told by a fragrance manufacturer that I could send them my wax and that they could formulate a fragrance for the wax that I was using. I have also wondered if this is true why candle supply companies don't do this in the wax that they sell! This I feel would bring in a lot if business if you knew that every fragrance that they sold would have a decent scent throw. Sure would save a lot of money testing new suppliers.