lotion parfaits

Mineralesque

I'm not sure about the liquid food coloring. I have used the Wilton Cake Decorating colors in my muscle gel with no problems. It only takes a dab of it. I got like 8 different colors at Wally World for around $8 if memory serves me right.

I would try just a dab in a little bit and see if it stains. I don't think it would. HTH

That looks nice. I made some a few minutes ago with it layered. I don't know why the gel is showing up colored I left it clear. LMAO

parfaitza0.th.jpg

I didn't have enough aloe in between layers so it's hard to see it and I think next time I'm going to try and pipe it in the jars.

I did make some in an 8 ounce pet bottle a long time ago and it turned out really cool looking so I may stick with the bottles don't know yet. :D

Thank you. These are layered too but I didn't have any crystal clear jars. I need to order some today. Any way I just put some in a baggie cut a little whole and I was able to work with it a little better. I thought it was cute with the aloe in the middle of the lotion. I will probably change that when I get the new jars.

I was just trying to use the jars that I have right now.

I have seen some with the bottles too. Those look really cool too. May need to try that too.:D

No I just took my lotion base, colored and scented then did layers of it with clear aloe gel. That simple.

Slight hi-jack!

I'm finding clear aloe gel to be really sticky/yucky. Is this right? I tried some in a muscle rub and didn't like the way it turned out. Tried mixing it w/Shea/Mango butter and it didn't harden up last night - felt nicer going on BUT lost the muscle soothing feel!! Oh gees - back to the drawing board.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a recipe that I found. I haven't made it yet, but I am going to try this one. I love raspberry lemonade... I am going to use the wiltons food coloring since it is food safe...

Raspberry Lemonade

Body Lotion Parfaits

Ingredients:

16 ounces Luxury Hand and Body Cream

16 ounces Thickened Aloe Vera Gel

5 ml Raspberry Lemonade Fragrance Oil

3 drops Crafter's Choice Strawberry Red Liquid Clear

Equipment:

(2) 16 oz Pyrex cups

(4) 8 oz Basic Jars

(8) 70/400 Straight White Lids

Droppers

Plastic Disposible Spoons

Directions:

In the first Pyrex cup and using a spoon mix Thickened Aloe Vera Gel with 3 drops of Crafter's Choice™ Clear Strawberry Red Liquid Color. Set mixture aside. In the second Pyrex cup and using a spoon mix lotion base and fragrance oil. Spoon bases into jar (alternating) to achieve parfait effect.

Note: The colors and fragrance in the recipe are as desired. You can choose any fruit fragrance and color of choice. Most body cream bases will work with this recipe. To achieve color effect in picture, only Crafter’s Choice™ Clear Color Concentrates should be used.

Warning: This recipe is not edible.