Rockin' survived

Scented

Now he may sleep the day away after getting up at 1:55 a.m. yesterday to make a 3+ hour drive to a show, but he said it went successful, just a few $ short of six times the booth fee. I know he's exhausted, but I'm proud of him. And we're extremely happy to be heading into the indoor season now lol!

For those who suggested he dress up otherwise, I don't think he did that LMAO!

Anyway, congrats hon!

If he'd worn the bow tie and....nevermind, it might have been even better! :D

Glad to hear he survived and the show went well. I love success stories! I about croaked when I read how early he had to get up. He has definately earned some sleepy time!

Thank-you sugar....

When I called and said "Do you remember the part in Jerry Maguire where Tom Curise said to Renee Zellwager...our little company just had a very big night"...well out little company had a very successful day.

There was 2 other vendors that had candles. The first lady had some sort of pillars that looked like they had pictures or something on them...I really couldn't get a good look without being obvious. She packed up and was gone around 4 PM. At that time our little company was kicking it :tiptoe: in to 3rd gear so to speak. Did a 4th of our sales after that time frame.

The other vendor had 2 booth spaces and they sold gel candles and a few other items. They stayed to the end so I assume they did OK too.

The day started off being the first to arrive at the craft site at 4:45 AM. The organizer was already there which was really nice. As soon as the street sweeper cleaned the street I was to start setting up. That happened rather quickly. The craft organization also had the local high school jr class helping crafters to unload and set up. Now that was very nice on their part and it made a big difference getting the tent set up in timely manner. As I was un loading I visited with the craft organizer about the 70 degree weather we were suppose to have. She said this "If we have that weather there may be in the neighborhood of 50,000 to 60,000 people here today."

OH.....MY......GOD.....was my first thought. I hope I brought enough product since I assumed there was gonna be around 20,000 to 25,000. Fortunately I did bring quite a bit. I left the kitchen sink at home...LOL.

Finally got everything set up and organized around 8 AM or so. The vendors on either side of me stopped by and we visited. Real nice folks. One did children's clothing and the other did jewelry.

Business was steady in the morning till the parade started. The parade lasted apprx 1hr and 45 minutes. During that time frame I got to use the restroom and was able to eat. Parade ended and then the crowd began to come thru the craft area. Once again I heard it said just outside the tent and this occurred all day. "Man what is thatgreat smell" or "Your candles smell awesome". This was my response to those positive comments. "Come on in... sniffing is free here... but of course you might find something you. like" :)

Also had a gal representing a business mall stop by and asked if we might be interested in setting up a booth for a 2 day show in a mall. She explained that they don't have very many candle folks very often and thought we might be a great addition. We shall see how that plays out.

After getting up at 1:55 AM and getting home around 10PM the idea of mattress testing was just to good to turn down. So I tested the mattress to see if there was rest in there. :) :)

Rockin

LOL at you! Congratulations Rockin! I heard you let Sherie Sunflower run off with Biker Bear. LOL I'm sure they made a cute couple. Well you get some mattress testing done, I hear the "Big One" is still to come. Oh, and I'm sure your Hard Rock attire was hit! :P

By the way I went as the Hard Rock guy from Niagara Falls. Had on my black shirt with zipper down the front and black pants. :P

Oh my... thanks for the wardrobe update you wild thing!

:bliss: :bliss: :bliss:

Sounds like another successful day for The Scented Flame.

Congrats to you. You are both a shining example of how hard work and determination can pay off. I'd have loved to be a ladybug on the wall at your booth... oh I can imagine your sales pitch.

I told Scented I would send you a few cute sales girls from my job.

That way her and I could spend the day shopping, drinking and eating... LMAO!! Sounds like a fabulous plan, huh?

Awwwww, I'm sure it brought little tear to your eye, along with a big grin on your face. I know how much you love those bears!

Oh you so know it did, because he was laughing all the way home about Sherie Sunflower and the biker hightailing it off into the sunset.

I hope to be able to hear about the kids that Sherie and Beary may have down the road. It was such a beatiful site to see them walk paw and paw into the sunset.....sniff sniff tear tear....Now I wonder if Deputy Love and Miss Autumn will sneak off too....this could start a trend. :)

I am glad Mystical Angel loved the Niagara Falls guy look. Could you imagine if I had gone as the Niagara Falls guy with a ....nevermind.....I would have had to have a wooden barrel to cover. :P:yay::drool:

Rockin

Shot! I was hoping to see pictures of your attire. :yay: Sounds like you had an unbelievably long but profitable day. And I think Sherie found herself a good one in Beary. Think of the exciting times they will have.

I never could chew bubble gum and tie my shoes at the same time....meaning being able to work a booth AND take my picture at the same time....if I can get scented to work her digital then you can see how I have turned into a frog....LOL ...used to be... well nevermind. maybe next time. :)

Hello November goodbye October.

Rockin

I never could chew bubble gum and tie my shoes at the same time....meaning being able to work a booth AND take my picture at the same time....if I can get scented to work her digital then you can see how I have turned into a frog....LOL ...used to be... well nevermind. maybe next time. :)

Hello November goodbye October.

Rockin

Whoopee....I just became a full fledge member on the board..no junior anymore...ain't in know hurry to outpost scented...the queen of all posters