My second soap!!! LOL :)

Vio

OK do you think I like doing this or what? LOL

I had so much fun with this one. After it was traced enough to not have to struggle to get it out of the pot, I played with it a bit in the tray. Swirled my little butt off just to play. It was more fun than playing with play dough!!!

Really interesting playing with swirls with no color. You can see over and over how swirls react to each other and pull even. I was so amazed, I didn't want to stop. :)

Here it is. Another one that Eugenia had posted. A castile type soap made with olive oil, castor and I added some jojoba too. :)

I got to play with the stick blender tonight. Pulse stir, pulse stir, whip whip whip. My God those things are sooo cool!!! :)

No scent or color. :)

post-8781-139458442986_thumb.jpg

post-8781-139458442991_thumb.jpg

post-8781-139458442996_thumb.jpg

Thank you!!! :)

It was a lot of a fun. I mean I was standing there at the stove, with the chopstick making all kinds of patterns while it was still not traced enough to leave a well behind. Then I had a pattern and didn't like it because it was like leaves on a flower, but the way I did it, was a set and a half. I didn't realize it looked a little off till I took a picture and looked at it. Then I went back and just ran some lines through it and got that!!! LOL

I think after this I need to take a little break from the 3 am soap making. Tired. LOL Once husband gets that locking cabinet up I can pre-mix a lye solution to use or something so I don't have to worry about volcano fears with the kids. I'd feel safer doing it during the day without the fumes and risk of volcano. I can just lock them out of the kitchen with the gates. Bribe them with candy or something so they stay out till I'm done. LOL :)

Yes it did. I did the last swirling when it was almost welling behind the stick and shook and tapped to be sure no air was in there. It's so much fun playing with trace! Interesting and fun. :)

And it's a nice color too right now. Well, non color. LOL Waiting for it to cool just a bit more then will uncover the plastic wrap. I'm very impatient with this soap thing. LOL I want to cut it as soon as it looks "done". Don't want to risk this one because it did trace much slower than the last. Will try to wait longer. I'm holding myself back! :)

Thank you! :)

Top I wanted to see if something like this could possibly be gentle enough for even face or sensitive use. Now keep in mind how new I am if you're laughing. LOL I have skin that can clog on my face, but is dry. I figured with 0 cleansing and foamy, etc, I might be able to use it on my face, and if not then it would still be good for winter weather up here. Very dry in winter in Maine. I get chapped easily and dry with the wood stove heat. Wash hands and it would be great even if these were just for hands but if I could use them on face with no crazy reactions, that would be even better. :)

I cut the bars to like 8 pieces. Then just before cut them again just in case they get to hard to ever be cut again and I'd want smaller bars. :)

Here they are cut. :)

No zap and they don't even taste soapy at all. I used a sliver already and they foam really well. I wasn't expecting a soap that doesn't taste like soap to make that kind of foam. And they definately leave your hands soft so far. :)

IMG_4171.jpg

IMG_4175.jpg

IMG_4178.jpg

IMG_4180.jpg

IMG_4182.jpg

Thanks Jess. :)

I think I needed to let these sit in the tray longer. they had a gel look but then it went away. The tray felt cool to touch though when I unmolded it.

The soap shaves I've tried are very mild so far just on hands. Smell is just plain. No funky smell at all. Just mild.

Top I wanted to see if something like this could possibly be gentle enough for even face or sensitive use. Now keep in mind how new I am if you're laughing. LOL

Nope, not laughing at all. I was figuring you'd want scent for a shower bar so I thought maybe you were thinking hand soap. I didn't think of face but that sounds like a good idea, at least worth trying out. The bars came out nice!

Well I'm amazed at this soap! I used it in the shower to wash my face and even on my most sensitive skin, no reaction at all to the soap that I can see or feel!!! No tight feeling, skin feels soft. It didn't dry it out or cause it to redden. I don't feel any tingly dryness feeling like some facial bars make me feel. I like this one. Very happy I made it! :yay:

Still only one use but better than the results I've gotten with other cleansers at one use. LOL :)

Very foamy too! Lots of bubbles came off of it and creamy too! :)