My first hurricane...

erinmfritz

Here's my first try at a hurricane. The picture is of my beautiul girls that I printed black and white. I didn't have a mold so I emptied an ice cream container (down the drain, it was bad, LOL) and cleaned it out to use. I'm not sure about the wax I have so this is just for fun. I did embed a glass tealight holder in the bottom, don't know if that is good or not, we'll see. I can see me making alot more of these, they are really rewarding to make!!!! This is nowhere near perfect but I don't think it's that bad for my first try.

post-5724-139458442508_thumb.jpg

post-5724-139458442512_thumb.jpg

I think it turned out great! Especially for your first.

I zap the inside of mine to smooth them out a bit. Don't think embedding a votive holder is a good idea.... they get pretty warm. I use cork underneath mine to keep from melting the bottom of the cane.

Ohh, you said tealight holder...lol

What an awesome picture of your lovely girls. I think you did a great job. Like SD said zap the inside with your heat gun right after you pour put the wax. You probably don't want to embed a tea light glass in the bottom. It is usually better to set the glass on a cork pad especially when your not sure about the wax.

I bet those girls would love to eat some ice cream so you could have more tubs to make candles with.

Thanks for the compliments. The funny thing is that I buy the ice cream with good intentions of actually eating it but it still goes bad, I think I just forget it's in there. (if only I could do that with chocolate)

I debated on putting the glass in there or not but figured if it doesn't work, I'll remove it and fill the hole with wax. I thought about the heat gun but I think I need to let the walls get a bit thicker to use it. How thick should the walls be?