Help with plastic lids

I wanted to add these jars in my line. Does anyone know where I can find plastic lids to fit this jar? It's a votive holder (I have tested one already and it burns great as a regular candle in this jar) but I wanted to make ALL my candles in this jar. The jar square-cut 3" glass candleholders. Square-Cut Glass Votive Holders. Any help will be great appreciated. Smilies

Keshia

Sorry I have no idea about the lids... I just wanted to thank you for posting that link! I had no idea they did this. No hunting for one or 2 pieces here and there fighting people at the store. Buy by the case and pick up at the store with no shipping charges. :highfive:

Off to shop :yay:

Sorry I have no idea about the lids... I just wanted to thank you for posting that link! I had no idea they did this. No hunting for one or 2 pieces here and there fighting people at the store. Buy by the case and pick up at the store with no shipping charges. :highfive:

Off to shop :yay:

Yes, indeed SatinDucky! Same thing I was thinking. And no shipping at that. You can't beat it. You're welcome:highfive:

Sounds like I need to make it a point to go to DT more often; those are really cute containers! If you're using them as filled votives, about how much wax do they hold? I'm assuming the 3" is the exterior measurement, and if they're "heavyweight", then the walls are probably pretty thick; are they 3" high, as well?

Sounds like I need to make it a point to go to DT more often; those are really cute containers! If you're using them as filled votives, about how much wax do they hold? I'm assuming the 3" is the exterior measurement, and if they're "heavyweight", then the walls are probably pretty thick; are they 3" high, as well?

Carol M: The dollar store has really cute jars with NO SHIPPING. That's the best part for me. :grin2: They hold about 10oz to 11oz depending on how much you want. I'm using 11oz with mine and still have space at the top (very little but some). They're 3" all the way around the jar. Testing burning three now and the scent throw on all are to die for. So far so good.

grama:Thanks for telling me that. I'm going to look right now. I was thinking of adhesive covers so that's perfect if they have them.

Keshia

Thank you, Keshia. I pass right by a DT on my way to do a job that I have on weekends; I'll stop in and pick up a couple to test, if they're in stock. This is a good price on a heavy container with that capacity and any time you can avoid shipping $$, that's icing on the cake.:D

Heres a tip When I cannot find tops for some of my jars I get a clear round label and place it on the top of the jar and trim it. If I want the smell of the candle to come through I just use a hole punch to put a hole in the top and your coustmers can still smell the candle. Works on a pinch. Regina :D

Heres a tip When I cannot find tops for some of my jars I get a clear round label and place it on the top of the jar and trim it. If I want the smell of the candle to come through I just use a hole punch to put a hole in the top and your coustmers can still smell the candle. Works on a pinch. Regina :D

Thanks for the tip......

Where are you finding clear labels big enough for these jars? I just ordered from Online Labels and didn't see any. I'll check again, Oh now I remember, you had to order a bunch and I only wanted a sheet or two. Thanks

I'll have to get a couple of sample pages next time I order.

Are you single or double wicking these jars?

Thanks Melissa

The testing I'm doing now are with single wicks. I'm now waiting on more wicks to come so I can try another size before I double wick.:sad2: I like single wicking alot better then double wicking. So I hope these new wicks works. I've tested (44-20-18z), (51-32-18z). Both burned just ok for me with alittle hang up on the sides. Not very much but I like to get a full meltpool.

Keshia

Guest Candelishis
Where are you finding clear labels big enough for these jars? I just ordered from Online Labels and didn't see any. I'll check again, Oh now I remember, you had to order a bunch and I only wanted a sheet or two. Thanks

I'll have to get a couple of sample pages next time I order.

I do the same for my wal-mart libby jars, and I buy the "whole sheet" labels, the generic kind they sell at staples, and trace around the top of the jar with a pencil onto the sheet, then cut it out.

I know this doesn't have anything to do w/the plastic lids. But I have purchased about 20 of the same size container from DT and I am using GB415, no dye, 7 or 8% FO and I have tried to single wick it, I have even went to HTP1312, still can't get a full melt pool, I did try (2) 51z's and it did good, the reason I did the zinc was I had tried all the other wicks that I had and they have not worked. I wish I could single wick it, but I just don't know. I have since then, ordered some RRD's and HTP's 73 and 83's and I guess I will double wick it, I know that sounds like the wicks might be to big but, I have spoke to alot of different individuals from different companies and they have all told me w/soy - you always have to wick up and sometimes not just one size. I am going to get my wicks Tuesday and then I will be a burning FOOL!!! I will let you know how it turns out.