Black Candle Surpise....

If the customer is purchasing an item that clearly states the scent will be unknown as a surprise then if they don't like the scent that is the chance they took by purchasing an item like this. It's like buying a "mystery grab bag". You never know what you are going to get and you may not like it but you bought it so you knew what your chances were of getting something you did not like.

Angi

I saw this on someone's website....they sell a black candle and leave the scent a surpise until the person recieves it in the mail. That seems kind of dangerous to me... what if the customer doesn't like the scent and gets angry and wants their money back?

What possible difference could it make? If you are neither the buyer nor the seller, I guess it doesn't matter.

I sell a candle called Sunshine Surprise. It's layers of leftover wax. I've sold a lot of them over the years. So far, no complaints.

I sell a candle called Sunshine Surprise. It's layers of leftover wax.

Sliver, that was what I thought about when it was a black candle with a "mystery" fragrance - a leftover project! :laugh2:

I, too, make "one-off" layered candles with bits of leftover wax and people love them! 'Course I never thought of black... not a bad idea!!:yay:

I sell a candle called Sunshine Surprise. It's layers of leftover wax. I've sold a lot of them over the years. So far, no complaints.

Stella and SliverOfWax, would you be willing to post a picture of one of your candles from used wax? I am big into recycling and I hate to throw anything away if it can be re-used so I reuse all my left over wax for candles that I burn for myself, but so far I have been just melting all the wax together. I micro filter the wax and make container candles from it. They look pretty nice, but I like the idea of layering, would you post a photo, I would love to see it!

Stella and SliverOfWax, would you be willing to post a picture of one of your candles from used wax? I am big into recycling and I hate to throw anything away if it can be re-used so I reuse all my left over wax for candles that I burn for myself, but so far I have been just melting all the wax together. I micro filter the wax and make container candles from it. They look pretty nice, but I like the idea of layering, would you post a photo, I would love to see it!

I don't have any pictures of my leftovers. It's just little bits of wax left over when I'm pouring whatever I'm pouring. They aren't pretty. Some people call them "fuglys". It's just junk but some people like them.

I've done layered candles, too, but on purpose. That's a whole different thing.

I am so sorry - I had made a bunch of palm leftover votives and Wednesday, I gave them to the ladies who sell my candles as gifts (keep's 'em happy) - because they're leftovers, I never thought to take photos...:rolleyes2 I WILL be making more in a few days as we are pouring palm pillars & glass glow today, so there will be more soon... I make myself use the leftovers before I am allowed to pour anything new, so hopefully I'll have some to show you next week. :)