A paraffin question

I've wondered that myself. This past summer, the wax I've used for over a year just would not hold the FO like it used to. I went through 3 cases and kept scratching my head and went as far as to test another brand of wax. Needed more wax to finish Xmas orders so I order a couple more cases (didn't want to switch during the season and have to retest everything) and these last two cases are performing ok. I'm not having the horrible weeping anymore...so I don't know if there was an issue with the wax or if it was just the summer heat---but didn't have the weeping problem the summer before so I'm still confused as to what was going on:confused:

We received a case of 4630 that was a little "off" in color and did not perform the way it had in the past. We finally pushed that one aside - used it for some wickless jars. The scent was still good, but the wicking was all wrong. When we received our next cases, all was back to normal.

Not a very nice thing to do to two newbies...like we weren't confused enough! :laugh2:

Anyway, I really don't want to go through that again, but I am sure the possibility is always there...

I've found water in my wax several times, just dry it out. I definitely had BAD 6006 remember my panic last summer, black goop and wouldn't burn. I'll say it again, you must test every new batch #. IMHO, many of our wicking, throw problems come from BAD wax. Carole