white dye ?

Have you ever used white dye? :confused:

I would like to know how well it works and where to find it.

JBN is the only place to find liquid so far.

Goal is to have is to keep my wax as white as possible.

Share if you can and

always greatful for your time :grin2:

Brooke

As far as I know white colorant is a pigment rather than a dye and will clog your wick. There may be some variety I'm not familiar with, but it's true for the ones I know such as white color blocks.

If you can tell us what kind of candle this is in reference to, there may be a better way of getting it white.

Taylored Concepts has a white liquid dye. I haven't used it but they have a sample of a candle they used with it. They have 3 candles in a 11 oz tureen. I'm not sure which wax is used but I know it's not soy. It's probably their new 50/50 blend. The first candle is not colored and is yellow in color. The 2nd candle they used 15 drops and it's close to white and then they used 25 drops and it's white...... I live down the street from them so I'm in there often. Ask to speak to Robert if you need any help.... www.tayloredconcepts.com

I used some white color blocks the other day (from Candlewic) for my "white doves" and they didn't come out very white. I have the best luck using a blend wax (it doesn't need anything....usually) or I have had great luck with 4045EP and gloss poly C15. Donita

Stearic makes a nice white color. The Rose pillars I posted in the gallery a week or so ago are an example.

Stearic acid :confused:

Is this what you are referring to.

I do have some here but I am not sure how much to add to get a

nice white and not affect wicking if it would.

The candles I am making are in glass jars.

They are not all soy my own mix.

But I have chosen not to color my containers (only tarts and wickless).

Believe it or not I have had several people tell me they really don't like some of the colors out there and it is hard to match their room decor at home.

Sounds good to me I will try no color for now.

By the way THANKS GOES TO EVERYONE RESPONING TO MY THREAD :D

I can't believe this is already the end of October.

Does anyone else feel this way?

I have spent most of my time in the basement with my candles.

WOW!

:thumbsup:

Brooke

As far as I know white colorant is a pigment rather than a dye and will clog your wick. There may be some variety I'm not familiar with, but it's true for the ones I know such as white color blocks.

If you can tell us what kind of candle this is in reference to, there may be a better way of getting it white.

I got a white color block from Peak's. I use it since the natural blend votive wax (NOT Peak's) comes to me sort of gray.

Chris