Craft Show this weekend

SweetPatoot

not my first, but my first selling lotions. (in my other life I was a jewelry designer, tough gig there....)

I'm excited and nervous....it's at a school in a rather well to do neighborhood, the coordinator told me they used to run a kids carnival at the same time but the crafters couldn't compete, didn't sell much at all, so they switched the carnival to a separate day all together. I've used up everything making lotions, sprays, body gels...I set up on my dining table to get a feel for the layout, and hubby casually meanders by, saying "hmm, I'd probably buy from ya..." gee thanks hun. :D

Sorry to ramble on, just wanted to share my excitement with others who've been there, done that!

wish me luck,

Rebecca

blagh...well that was a disappointment, made about 2x booth fee....relatively slow but steady traffic, but apparently there were at least 4 other shows within 5 miles. I was the only lotion maker, only one soaper, and NO candles whatsoever. I was repeatedly told how professional my table and items looked, and one lady asked me what I was doing at a "rinky dink" show when I should be down the street at the big show. There was NOONE selling lotions at the "big show" which was a two day show. However, I did make some wonderful contacts and met some great people. So, live and learn I suppose.

I am thinking about gambling and paying $100 for a big two day show over Thanksgiving weekend, with over 3000 attending....what the heck, it's really only $50 a day.....

Rebecca

Sorry to hear the show was slow. I would definitely do the big show over thanksgiving. I did one that weekend last year and did really well. It was a little "rinky dink" show in a small town for $25 (for the weekend) and nobody else did well, but my partner and I did over $400. I wasn't making candles at the time, but we did that much with just crafts. With that many people coming through the big show you should do really well. People have lots of money that weekend and are ready to buy.