Does anyone else get disappointed

It just makes me respect the art and the artists that much more really. One day it will be that much more fullfilling, when I do get it right. :)

The one thing I'm learning, is that this isn't easy and even with this board to reference, and members who generously help, temps have a ton to do with candle making and burning too. What works well for someone in a hot area, won't necessarily work for me where it's colder. It's challenging. Every imperfect attempt, just makes me want perfection more. Don't let it get you down. Think about how cool it will be when it just all falls into place! :)

Yup, just about every single time. It's very hard NOT to be disappointed when you try so very hard to make them good. Keep your chin up and keep trying. Eventually you will have many more successes than learning experiences... I don't call them failures because you learn how to better your candles with each trial :)

Stuff happens and to learn, one has to make mistakes. If one knew all the "right" things to do and everything was all perfect every time, one really wouldn't KNOW much about it, huh? It's the mistakes that teach us more than the triumphs. :)

Of course, it DOES make one feel MUCH better to crumble a failed pillar into itty, bitty pieces with your bare hands...:tongue2:

Yes, Yes, Yes...disappointed and sometimes even frustrated, but never enough to make me quit! I've had days when a whole dozen were bad when testing new wicks. These ladies have great advice...learn from your trials and next time it will be better. Eventually, you will be very happy with most of the testers. It always makes me feel better when I can grab that wick with a pliers and yank it out of the candle and throw it away!

Of course, it DOES make one feel MUCH better to crumble a failed pillar into itty, bitty pieces with your bare hands...:tongue2:

Hehe. I don't do pillars (containers mostly), but I've been testing votives so I can relate to this :tongue2:

And Yes! I do get disappointed. Almost every time :) But just like everyone here has said. With each one you learn a little bit more and soon the time will come when fewer will fail. Hang in there, you'll find your balance :)

I don't get disappointed because this is how I learn. Also with a lot of help from the great people here to guide me. I have come to the understanding that candle making is a trial and error:shocked2: , sometimes more error on my part. It just reminds me of chemistry 101, :o I do have fun though

Its just that mistakes are such a great way to learn. When a candle doesnt turn out the way you want it to you can say "okay, that didnt work?, look at the possible causes of failure and try again.Over the years we have made so many mistakes and bad candles, but each "ugly" is something we remember from first hand experience so we know WHY such and such doesnt work so well.It might be a pain to remelt and do over or otherwise salvage a mistake but if we made great candles every time---where would the fun be?