Negative Feedback

Tereasa

actually, the font IS copyrighted. I purchased the right to use it commercially. All I'm going to do is have it investigated to see if StudioBeck followed the rules. The owner of the font is the one who will be handling it from here on out. It's their copyright, not mine. If she truly bought the font, and can prove she bought it before using it commercially then she has nothing to worry about, right?

Funny that you only seem to post when you can champion StuidoBeck, Bubly.

ETA: I NEVER said I wasn't slamming her... think my point is obvious...

I'm sorry you've had such a shitty experience.

It is good that you voiced it as well. If we cannot learn from each other and share experiences, there is no point in being here, period. My personal comprehension of this thread was more of an FYI type of thing.

This is by far, not a first time incident.

IMO~ it is a matter of questionable business ethics and dishonesty. :rolleyes2

I'm sorry you've had such a shitty experience.

It is good that you voiced it as well. If we cannot learn from each other and share experiences, there is no point in being here, period. My personal comprehension of this thread was more of an FYI type of thing.

This is by far, not a first time incident.

IMO~ it is a matter of questionable business ethics and dishonesty. :rolleyes2

Totally agree. If someone is providing services, we are all here for that if nothing else. Just because you may know someone personally doesn't exempt them from having a complaint thread the same as Wal-Mart/Dollar/Yankme/BBW/VS. A business is a business is a business and those of us that do have a business need this type of input to do research to grow OUR businesses, not protect someone's feelings.

actually, the font IS copyrighted. I purchased the right to use it commercially. All I'm going to do is have it investigated to see if StudioBeck followed the rules. The owner of the font is the one who will be handling it from here on out. It's their copyright, not mine. If she truly bought the font, and can prove she bought it before using it commercially then she has nothing to worry about, right?

Look again, I don't only post for Beckie, but feel the need to jump in when someone is trying to slam her and her business, boy jealousy is everything I guess, isn't it? why don't you read through all of the links you posted and find out the real truth behind the lies...AGAIN, AS I SAID BEFORE YOU SHOULD HAVE ACTED LIKE AN ADULT AND DEALT WITH THIS WITH BECKIE NOT WITH A COMMUNITY YOU KNOW SHE COMES TO....

ALSO, before posting that it is copyrighted, why didn't you ask Beckie if she did purchase it?, how do you know she didn't before you even came along?? you may have jumped the gun....

sweetheart, there is a lot I'm not saying because I TRIED to handle this quietly. If you'd like me to post all of the correspondence between beckie and me, I will do so. Trust me when I say that doing that will NOT help your cause in any way.

Perhaps you should be quiet since YOU don't know all of the facts.

I bought the font and sent it to beckie. Doesn't matter if she bought it or not after that. She LIED TO ME.

And this thread is locked in.... 3... 2...

Everyone needs to calm down here.

I am not going to say who I believe is in the right or wrong but I will defend Tereasa right to complain. If she feel she was done wrong by a supplier she has the right to say so. She also has the right to bring it public if she feels she was not taken care of privately.

The more someone slams her the more defensive she is going to get. All you are doing is making Tereasa want to take it further which she did by reporting it to the owner of the copywrite. Which she also has a right to do.

What Tereasa doesn't have a right to do is post anything recieve in a personal e-mail on the board that part has been removed.

I'm curious about that, Vicky. It's her personal property and sometimes that's what it takes to sort out the facts. Otierwise, it's merely hearsay.

I think we all feel uncomfortable reading personal correspondence, but sometimes it seems it's necessary. When it comes to business ethics, facts are important.

I'm not going to react to a personal attack, because the uglier this gets, the farther it gets from the facts.

My buttons are not going to be pushed any longer.

If anyone wants to contact me privately for any more information, I will gladly answer any questions.

The bottom line is that ANY postings of this nature are bound to turn ugly. With a community this big you will have 2 sides...those that have a negative experience with a supplier and those that have had a positive experience with the same supplier.

A person posts a negative thread similar to this and you can rest assured those that have had positive experiences will post their feelings as well. You have to accept the good with the bad in these types of postings. You can not expect to state your opinion and have noone else post an opposing view..it's the nature of the beast.

Maybe before people start posting negative issues (which is their right though I think it should be allowed for classy transactions gone bad as well, but that's a whole other story) they need to realize that they will not have a post full of sympathy to their plight and just accept the good with the bad. If that is something that the poster can not handle then maybe it is best to keep it to yourself and deal with it in private with the supplier.

If you are going to post negative issues with suppliers (which is your right) then you need to learn to let it go if someone posts a contradiction to your original post. Remember, it takes at least 2 to argue!

That being said, I have had a pleasant experience with Becci, will use her again if the need arises and pretty much feel the issue over a font is ridiculous but respect your opinions and your feelings that it is not ridiculous to you.

I hope you get this resolved in a manner that is pleasing to you so you will be able to move on with a feeling that you got some sort of peace after all is said and done.

Angi

The bottom line is that ANY postings of this nature are bound to turn ugly. With a community this big you will have 2 sides...those that have a negative experience with a supplier and those that have had a positive experience with the same supplier.

A person posts a negative thread similar to this and you can rest assured those that have had positive experiences will post their feelings as well. You have to accept the good with the bad in these types of postings. You can not expect to state your opinion and have noone else post an opposing view..it's the nature of the beast.

Maybe before people start posting negative issues (which is their right though I think it should be allowed for classy transactions gone bad as well, but that's a whole other story) they need to realize that they will not have a post full of sympathy to their plight and just accept the good with the bad. If that is something that the poster can not handle then maybe it is best to keep it to yourself and deal with it in private with the supplier.

If you are going to post negative issues with suppliers (which is your right) then you need to learn to let it go if someone posts a contradiction to your original post. Remember, it takes at least 2 to argue!

That being said, I have had a pleasant experience with Becci, will use her again if the need arises and pretty much feel the issue over a font is ridiculous but respect your opinions and your feelings that it is not ridiculous to you.

I hope you get this resolved in a manner that is pleasing to you so you will be able to move on with a feeling that you got some sort of peace after all is said and done.

Angi

You've got great points, but some that are in defense aren't doing so (or at least aren't posting) that they are in defense by experience like you have respectfully done. It's just a defense of *rawr* NEVAR!!! I'd expect people to post positive experiences as well when there are negative ones, but it's not fair to the complaint just to hop down her throat, just to do so without saying anything themselves.

I know that a lot of people here know each other personally, but I really wish (and this goes for other complaint threads) that people take it for what it is, information spread around and if you don't have personal experience in the actual purchasing/service side, don't get into it if it's not constructive providing actual insight. (I.E. Saying, oh yeah person A was VERY sick, or something).

People shouldn't be afraid to post complaints in fear of having a "posse" hunt them down just because they are buddy buddy.

ETA: And someone claiming to KNOW all the facts just to dispute someone who was actually involved is a bit silly, IMO. If you are the purchaser or the supplier, one can never KNOW all the facts.

Do bubblygrl and becky have the same IP address? Maybe they are sisters, cousins or best friends. Geez, I just read through all of her posts and only saw a couple that weren't promoting becky and her website/business.

To recap, as this will likely be my last chance...

The entire point of me posting negative feedback in the first place was to voice my displeasure of StudioBeck's handling of this situation.

I tried to handle it quietly and privately. We reached an agreement that she wouldn't use the font again. She lied, and did indeed use it again.

Had she stuck to the agreement we made, or even answered the email or paypal invoice I sent her almost two weeks ago (asking to be reimbursed for the logo/font) I wouldn't have come here.

I never said she did bad work. I'm pointing out that I feel lied to, betrayed and disillusioned.

I'm curious about that, Vicky. It's her personal property and sometimes that's what it takes to sort out the facts. Otierwise, it's merely hearsay.

I think we all feel uncomfortable reading personal correspondence, but sometimes it seems it's necessary. When it comes to business ethics, facts are important.

What I am about to say is not directed at anyone it is just a generalization.

Where the problem comes in is we do not know if it is an unaltered email. They are very easy to change for posting purposes.

If we take the emails at face value then are we sure the whole email has been copied or only the parts that the poster wants us to see. We have seen this one in the past also.

Posting email is a very slipper slope that we have always tried not to slide on. It is best just not to post them.

Emails are just a lot of he said she said when it come right down to it. Because we do not know. You know as well as I do there are a lot of very vindictive people out there that will do anything to be consider right no matter what it takes.

you start crap and then you say your buttons aren't going to be pushed?, honey you opened a whole can of ugly worms.....your the one that started the attack, I can copy your exact words that you stated on here..."if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen"....:2cents:

Do you work for Beckie? Why get your panties in a wad? geesh

I thought this was about Tereasa and StudioBeck.....Next time it changes to Tereasa and Bubblygirl - someone highlight for me...cause I missed it.

If you two want to continue this argument, how about doing it via PM to each other?

This thread has disintegrated into personal bickering.

One think I have learned by watching threads like this is that the more someone attacks the person with a complaint and tries to defend the other party, the more negative attention it draws to the other party. You may think you're helping the other party's reputation, but usually all it accomplishes is extending the negative publicity they receive.