My Heaven Scent reviews

Vio

I ordered Bert's fo's and before today, had only burned her Cinnamon Styx and it was a great cold and hot throw for me with my first tester.

I'm using C-3 container wax in straight sided 12 oz Madison jars.

The other day, I did 11 testers and 8 of those were her fo's as well. Here's the list.

Cinnamon Styx

Clean Cotton

Christmas Tree

Candy Cane

Lemon Biscotti Pie

Christmas Pear

Columbian Coffee

Fresh Air

My candles have cured for over 24 hours and today I lit 3 of them.

Cinnamon Styx is a strong hot throw for a cinnamon. I think I got candle nose and couldn't smell the cold throw as much with all the jars I was sniffing when I was making notes. Hot though, candle nose or not, it's filling my living room up.

Christmas Tree is a very strong cold throw and very strong hot throw as well. Pine and not a bad pine either. It's very pleasant pine. Loving it.

Columbian coffee is so strong cold it's just amazing and my 7 year old daughter loves the smell. Very extremely strong cold throw. The hot throw is great too. (this is fo is very heavy weight wise, so I wicked it even higher than the lemon biscotti tester I did). It's the highest wick I used in this group of fo's but as mentioned, not all have been burned yet.

The others I will test tomorrow. So far, with all her fo's in jars curing, all have great cold throws with some stronger than others. Will post back to this thread as I test more. :)

It's a beautiful scent. I am not one for sickening sweet scents and can't stand floral fragrances that are too much, so you know my nose a little. It is so great smelling you want to eat it. It smells like a pear. Nothing really Christmas about it if you ask me. Just a pear scent and a really nice one. Will burn it tomorrow. Haven't burned it yet. Been busy and will post back with the hot throw, but the cold is great. :)

Fresh Air is great hot throw. I can smell it in another room, and it's in a big room as it is.

1 oz per pound with my C-3. Last couple of days have been hectic, and I'm doing a lot of wick switching. I'm very new to this so I've still got a ton to learn, and then more. LOL I do know what I expect from a candle is for it to fill the room with scent. These oils are doing a great job for a n00b like me who's probably doing a ton wrong still. I am burning the columbian coffee right now and it's filling a room that's about 12 feet wide, 22 feet long.

Burned Clean Cotton yesterday and I could smell it on the other side of the house.

I'm more than pleased with these fo's. I have 2 other scents from another place, and they are great and have a hot throw, but I have to say the Heaven Scent is stronger.

Also, I don't know if I'm just really lucky so far, but I've re-melted down these same containers like 3 times now, with some of them, to re-wick. Trying to get a power burn going on them and just feel safer with the tabs. Well I haven't fussed one bit and am getting smooth tops every single time and like no frost really. Nothing like I'd have expected, taking no care at all to cool properly. I've been pressed for time and in and out a lot, and just did things super fast with the melting and letting it set back up. Today didn't even heat the jars and omg like hardly any frost. The lemon biscotti is so heavy, next time I'm going to cut back less than an oz per pound. It really is pretty darned strong in C-3.

I'm extremely happy with these fo's so far. I really don't have all that much to compare with, but they are nice smelling, strong scents. The ones I got on the list above. I'm really not dissapointed with any of them.

I burned the Christmas Pear yesterday but it was wicked too low so bumped it up. Will burn that tomorrow, along with others I needed to wick up.

I would imagine these fo's would make great ornie scents, because they're really strong. I think I'm going to try ornies next. :)

Edit: Oops forgot to mention the Candy Cane is strong hot throw too. I was burning it in the far end od the kitchen yesterday and it was filling the kitchen up pretty good. The clean cotton was in the other side of the house, and the far opposite end, and I could smell the clean cotton all the way by the candy cane area. I couldn't smell the candy cane though, where the clean cotton was at, so to me that meant the clean cotton was waaaay stronger. It's an extremely strong and fresh kind of scent. I think you could almost call it an odor eater type of scent. I made cabbage soup with little meatballs in it last night, and usually you can smell that soup and the house smells like cabbage. Well in the other side of the house, even after I blew out the clean cotton for a while, you could still smell it lingering. Very strong hot throw.

Her candy cane is like her pine. Some of those types of holiday fragrances can be just too strong, where they make you want to hurl. Well her Christmas Tree and her Candy Cane are pleasant and strong, but nothing sickening. I actually love the pine smell of the Christmas Tree. It's strong pine, but not that harsh strong. No other way to describe it. It just is a great smelling pine.

Thanks so much for the great reviews, and I am glad to hear that you are having good results with your early testing. The wicking is the biggest pain in the behind, and there can be such a difference in the earlier part of a container's burn than at the end of the jar. What was working out well, can suddenly seem to be wicked too big....a chimney effect, I've read folks here have called it...

I have also been very pleased with Bert's oils...I am using them straight as well as mixing them with others to create great blends...for Spring, I highly recommend her Fig Melon...I tested it very early on after finding her oils, and have put it away for winter, but my, it was a yummy one!

Another one that I don't hear folks mention much which I've had great success with is the Cinnamon Nutmeg Clove. I do mix it 50/50 with a Cinna Crunch that I use from Scents and Supplies (which I believe has been discontinued, unfortunately, and I'm not sure if Stacy from DS can ressurect it...) Anyway, that mix is AWESOME! It has been very popular for me, and a nice change for a spicy scent....throw is great!

I too LOVE her Christmas Tree....it is just so darn nice, for a pine....I truly love it and am so glad I found it...

Thanks again for the reviews!

Sharon is the fig melon like a cucumber melon type scent? If you know what I mean? Is it like a spa like kind of smell? I have to honestly say, I don't know what fig smells like in a candle. I don't think I've ever smelled it.

Darn internet. We can do so much on the computer, but still can't smell through it. LOL ;)

The one thing I am hating about this whole candle making thing is the wicking. Of all things, it's the most annoying, I'm finding. Like, why can't they just sell wick threading stuff and a braiding machine, so we can make a length ourself or something? So we can add a piece of thread to bump it up just a tiny bit or down. Oh and it would be nice if we could do it without removing the thing from the candle to modify it. I know, but it would be nice! ;)

Sharon is the fig melon like a cucumber melon type scent? If you know what I mean? Is it like a spa like kind of smell? I have to honestly say, I don't know what fig smells like in a candle. I don't think I've ever smelled it.

Not Sharon here but I have Berts fig & melon waiting to test & to me it smells much more like peaks mediterranean fig than any cucumber melon scent.

It's deeper & sweeter....to me anyway.

Sally.

Hi!

I have been using Bert's oils for at least a year now and have nothing but good to say. Just ordered a few new samples and was wondering if anyone else has tried these. I use 100% soy.

Moonlight Path

VS Amber Romance

Strawberries & Champagne

Clean Cotton

Angel Type

Cinnamon Bun

I have tried so many Cinnamon Bun oils and just don't much luck finding a good one...any one have any recommendations? Thanks and have a great night/day!

Michele

• 3 years later...

I tried their ed hardy and juicy couture fo's and I refuse to wax it. They smell bad, nothing like the perfume at all. I tried the fresh pear, it was okay. I am on the fence of going to order more fo from them. The prices are great.

I wish she could get restocked on some of her oils..

Candy Cane, Fresh Pear and Cucumber Melon are some of her great oils that worked in my soy wax.

But now I have had no choice but to find replacements since it's been months since she has carried them or has found replacements since her supplier issue.. Very sad indeed....

I am a bit leary to keep ordering from her since it seems she has one main supplier that is not reliable???? IDK....

Prices were wonderful, but I need to know that an oil I use will be there when I need it!!

Edited by islandgirl