What do you charge for your container candles?

candlemaker74

10 oz. shouldered jelly jar from Fillmore...$7. each or 3/$18.

10 oz. sq. footed jar from Fillmore...$10. each or 3/$27.

I just started testing right after Thanksgiving in the 8 oz. Madison jar from Fillmore. I also am testing a new wax...CBL130 from Candlewic. Got one scent tested in time for my open house before Christmas and the price was $10. each. I had 6 poured and 5 sold.

Once I get ALL of my scents tested in the Madison jar...Lord have Mercy...I will probably drop the 10 oz. sq. footed and sell the Madison at $10. each or 3/$27.

The next trip to Fillmore I want to pick up a case or 2 of the larger size Madison jars for testing.

Maggie

8oz Mason Jars: One(1) for $10.00 or Two(2) for $18.00

Masons are the jars I always carry in my line. I do carry other jars but only if I have them in stock or for a special holiday but I normally charge $1.00 per oz unless I'm running a sale.

With jars I have that are 24oz, I only charge $20. I don't have a candle over this amount.

I sell my JJ (5.6 oz of wax) for $7.50. I had been selling them for $7.00, but will up that due to price increases on my end. I will then offer a discount of 3 for $21, saving .50 of each candle.

I had been using the big square mason pints, but I decided to not use those right now due to cost issues. I have votives in the testing stages and they are $1.50 each for singles, and I have price breaks at 6 and 1 dozen, they have to order at least 6 of each scent!

Steph

Each of my candles is different and it depends on the price of the glassware it is in. I have a 5oz tumbler that is $7, a 4oz lidded jar that is $9...etc. I take my cost per candle (jar, wax, color, wick, FO, wick sticker, labels, etc)and multiply it by four. If it seems high for where I live, I might do X3 or X3.5.