What kind of scale do you have?

idacandlelady

I have two. One is from old will knots, like it mostly but every once in a while it kinda freezes on me, and it won't weigh in single grams. The other really sucks, it skips numbers,if that makes sense and it has an auto shut off that can't be changed even plugged in. I really want a new scale, one that is reliable, can be plugged in or use batteries, has auto shutoff with an over ride, and weighs reliably in single grams if needed. Am I asking too much:confused: . I thought I'd get some input as I'm sure most of you have good scales.

Thanks

Rebecca

I have a KD7000 which I ordered from the place you mentioned. I haven't set it up yet because I don't need to until I am ready to soap but I got the adaptor too.

I also learned in the Dish that when you are weighing supplies on your scales, not to be running a microwave nearby because it will make the scale go wonky. I don't know if it's true or not but it makes sense to me.

Fire

I also have one from Old Will Knot. I have had it for years now and it has never let me down. I do know, like Fire said, that it says somewhere not to use it near a running microwave. Not sure what it would do as I have never had any troubles with mine and my micro.:tongue2:

I have a basic postal scale from Old Will Knot, but it takes a second or two for it to register when I pour something in. I had a different one from Ltd. Commodities, but it got messed up. I also don't like when it shuts off automatically.

I am looking into a regular scale as well as a digital gram scale now that I am into formulating my own bath and body stuff. It would be a lot easier than having to mix up a huge amount and waste ingredients if it isn't what I am looking for!

Steph

I have an Old Will Knots one too, the 15 lb one. It's great for weighing out the wax and FOs, bases, plus for shipping. But unfortunately the grams are in 1 gram increments, and I'm looking for one that's 0.5 or 0.1 increments for testing BB formulations~~~so I'll be watching this thread for ideas too:)

If a lower weight one is all you need wally world has one that does grams and oz that is digital but i think it went to only like five lbs i use it for weighing my oils it uses a battery mine has lasted over a years my soap batches are 2.5 lbs so it works.

I got the Royal EX5 from Old Will Knott a few years ago but they no longer carry this model. If you're looking to buy a new scale, they have daily specials so it would be a good idea to keep checking back to see if something you want goes on sale. For example, today's special is the KD7000 for $35.

I got the Royal EX5 from Old Will Knott a few years ago but they no longer carry this model. If you're looking to buy a new scale, they have daily specials so it would be a good idea to keep checking back to see if something you want goes on sale. For example, today's special is the KD7000 for $35.

Grrrr.....why didn't they have this on sale when I needed it? :confused: Always a day late and a sale too short! :grin2:

After reading all the good things said here about the KD7000 and Old Will's, I ordered the scale on wednesday and it arrived here on thursday. Old Will's is in OK and I'm in KS, but still, that's faster than I expected. The scale is sooooo much better than the piece of junk I was using! I especially like that you can program it to not automatically shut off, and that it measures in 1 gm increments.

After reading all the good things said here about the KD7000 and Old Will's, I ordered the scale on wednesday and it arrived here on thursday. Old Will's is in OK and I'm in KS, but still, that's faster than I expected. The scale is sooooo much better than the piece of junk I was using! I especially like that you can program it to not automatically shut off, and that it measures in 1 gm increments.

I ordered one yesterday! I would have liked to get one of the Avery-berkel ones but it didn't say how much it was so I figured it was expensive. Someday I will have one, it looks pretty nice.

I have tried several, I had one that I could never use near the microwave or the computer, or while talking on the phone, so basically you had to be out in the log cabin with no electricity for it to work, now that was fun!! I have tried four different ones and have finally settled on one from Office Depot, it is an 11 pounder and I love it!

Well I FINALLY did it... I chose a scale!

After an embarassingly large amount of hours browsing Amazon.com in order to spend a Gift Certificate from there... I decided on the Escali. (and some talk black boots :naughty: and some silicone molds) It has excellent reviews and was affordable for a first scale.

Looks nice too... I chose the black although I wanted the red. But they wanted $3 more JUST BECAUSE it was red:rolleyes2 . It's the principle of the thing!