What went wrong with these tarts?

:( last week i make 2 dozen tarts out of peaks sugar cookie fo. i used this scent a few times before and always good. i made these with the same parsoy tart & votive wax. good smell while making them, good cold throw. yesterday a lady came down to the house to buy some tarts, so before she came i put one sugar cookie tart in a warmer, smelled good, then about 2 hours later there were hardly a smell at all, so i'm going have to do something with these tarts, i have a whole 8 ounce bottle of it. i put 1 1/2 ounce of fo into 1 lb wax, melted wax till 170, added little color then fo at 165, recomended on instructions on wax bag. poured at 155, they wewre shaped good smooth tops, smelled good cold , smelled good first 2 hours, i don't know what happen, this scent has always been a favorite . thank goodness nobody didn't buy any sunday night. ( dh took my samples to bingo sun to see if some of them wanted to buy any) i hope some one can make a suggestion , on how to save these tarts and fo. thanks:confused:

With the amount of FO that went into those tarts and knowing how strong Peak's sugar cookie is, the only thing I can think happened is...that you just got used to the scent and couldn't smell it any more. It happens all the time. You have a scent burning long enough, you become immune to it. I bet if you went outside for a while and came back in you'd smell the scent again. Those tarts should give you at least 8 hours of scent, sometimes more. Give it a try and see what happens.

Maybe it just didnt mix in all the way. I know vanilla, sugar cookie type FO are hard to mix. I always add my FO at 180, it behinds better with wax at higher temp. Maybe try adding it when wax is a little hotter, and stir little longer. I havent had good luck with sugar cookie FO. Good luck.

Thank you all, this thing had kept me awake all night, the way they smelled even in the box is so strong, it never occured to me they wouldn't be a good hot throw. fern i thought that at first also, but i put 1 tart warmer in bathroom, same thing strong first hour , weaker second hour then... i could smelll no sugar cookie, dh didn't smell anything when he came home either and he's my best smeller:undecided so i know its not candle nose, guess i will remelt to higher temp and stir more, but i did stir good the first time. candleguy i didn't think tarts had to cure long? these are over a week old. i always made these for kids , but can't remember if i have let them stay on a tart warmer for my self. maybe they always done this and i didn't know it, the kids probably would notice if they didn't last a long time. now i am going crazy:D

Yep, I be a candle noser all the time. It sucks, but it also happens.

Each room in my house has been given a distinctive candle scent, for instance, my Green Room has Peak's Green Tea. When I've been sitting here for a while, I won't notice the scent, but if I go into another room, the bathroom, downstairs to check the next set of candles and walk back in, I'm hit with the aroma of the candles quite hard.

Cold throw can be affected as well. Bedroom has Leather and Vanilla and when I'm getting ready for bed, I can catch the fragrances but when I wake up, they're gone. Usually after taking a shower and coming back in, I can catch them again.

Give it a shot and see what happens. If you don't notice the scent any longer, go outside, go into another room for about 15-20 minutes and then walk back in. I'll lay money you'll catch the aroma again.

Since it doesn't seem to be "candle nose", and your tarts shouldn't lose their scent in an hour, then I'd suggest warming the fo first, then add to your wax at about 180-185 and stir like crazy. It is a hard fo to mix in...like most heavy bakery scents. Then pour half your tarts...stir again like crazy and then pour the rest. I've found that some heavy scents will settle to the bottom in no time at all and that my last couple of tarts would end with a lot of excess oil...I could actually see it in the mold itself. When I mixed like a mad woman, poured half, then mixed like a lunatic again and poured the rest, I solved that problem. You might want to try that and see how it works for you.

Thank Fern, i repoured them today after heating to a higher temp, stirred it like crazy, will check to see what they smell like tomorrow. i do warm my fo and i do stir a lot. called my daughter today and told her to melt the sugar cookies i had gave her. she put one in the warmer, called back a few hours later and it still was smelling, she thinks i' lost it, when i told her i couldn't smell them. i think my nose has lost its ability to smell vanilla:D i have notice fo's with vanilla in it, don't smell to me. i got ky's southern vanilla, saw where a lot of peoples was saying on ky site that it was a top seller, plus some here. but i couldn't smell it at all, stuck my nose in it trying to smell, nothing.

LOL! Oh my goodness...your one of those? I've heard about people not being able to smell certain scents. Guess you better have other's test for throw on anything that is vanilla based then. Hope everything works out for you.:wink2: