Best M&P Bases

Snapdragon2

For those of you who like M&P, what is your favorite base? I've just begun experimenting with soap and I've used Cajun's Shea Butter base. I like it, just wish it would bubble a little more. Is there anything I can add so that it will make more bubbles or do you have any suggestions for other bases that I should try?

Thanks so much for your suggestions.

I have tried the M&P bases from several suppliers and keep coming back to the SFIC bases. IMO they are just a better overall soap base ... lather, clean rinse, etc.

Second runner up would have to be the bases from WSP, I'm torn between the SFIC shea butter and WSP silk and shea.

I've used SFIC (Lone Star) & WSPs (Crafters Choice) & they are ok, but this Christmas I used BCNs Shea butter M&P. It was GREAT and my customers agreed. When I went to order more, they said a shipment would not be in until late February. Well, that is crazy, how about Valentines soaps? I'm very disappointed that their lead-time is so long. Carole

I liked SFIC and used it for a long time. Now I do mainly CP, but use M&P for shower/party favors.

I also like the clear & the coconut from candlewic.com

My absolute favorite, for appearance, is WSP's Silky Shea. I can't find one thing wrong with it! Pure white, dries to a beautiful sheen, lathers well, holds fragrance well and is not drying.

Gosh I got lucky! Ordered Shea Btr M&P from SDF when I couldn't get any from BCN. Same M&P & surprise, it's made in Canada. Prices the same and shipping close to same. Now I can make my Valentine soaps. Carole

I get the bases made in Canada too. Not sure if they are the same as yours. I buy them from C&S cause I can pick them up. So far they are the best M&P bases I have tried.

For those of you who like M&P, what is your favorite base? I've just begun experimenting with soap and I've used Cajun's Shea Butter base. I like it, just wish it would bubble a little more. Is there anything I can add so that it will make more bubbles or do you have any suggestions for other bases that I should try?

Thanks so much for your suggestions.

If you would like to experiment, you can add 1 tsp per pound (give or take experiment to your liking of course) of slsa

http://www.thesage.com/catalog/Additives.html scroll down to "Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate".

I also use SFIC bases, but am going to try WSP silk and shea because of the rave reviews. Plus the fact that I always want to try something new.:grin2:

SFIC bases rock! If you check the ingredients list - you will see it's very close to what you will find in CP soap. Not as many detergents as some of the other types.

Marr

No syndets at all actually, from what I've seen of their ingredients lists. Which is awesome.