Very important reasons you should make sure you READ.....

Michi

and make sure the FO you are using is B&B safe!! :eek:

Yep, me who said I always "test" out FO's on the back of my hand-B&B or not, just to get a good "whiff" of them, is now aware of the dangers.

I did NOT read the bottle of FO I used in my latest batch of soap, made this HUGE batch, with lots of expensive ingredients in it, and now have to throw the WHOLE thing away.

I can't believe it, and I probably would have never noticed, had I not decided to use this bar on my face this morning. I usually use a specific facial wash, but today decided to try out my new "butter bar" and thank goodness I did.

It burned the HELL out of my face, felt like I put acetone on it. :eek:

I used this bar all over my body, didn't notice anything, then decided to try it out on my face just for the heck of it.

I rushed out to the kitchen checked the bottle (thankfully hadn't thrown it away as of yet) and there in the fine print "for candle use only" DUHHHHHHHHH Grrrrrr

Over 3 lbs. of soap has to go in the trash, I'm soooo pissed at myself for doing this!! I used shea butter, cocoa butter, castor oil, plus the last of my shea M&P base for this, and now I have to toss it because of my own stupidity, I could just smack myself!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I AM glad that I for some reason (doo doo doo doo-my twilight zone sound FX) I tried it out on my face, I'd sure hate to have given this away or sold it, and have people with burned skin-what an idiot I am!!!!!!!!

Ouch! Since you didn't notice anything when you used it on your body, can you just use these bars as hand soaps by your kitchen sink? That way you wouldn't have to throw them all away.

That's what I was thinking.

That sucks that you used the wrong fo, I understand about using all your nice oils only to find out it us useless. :embarasse

I really hate to toss it I mean it makes me literally ill to think about (hence the reason it's still sitting on my kitchen counter), it's over 3 pounds of soap. :eek:

But, even though my body didn't have any type of reaction to the soap THIS time- the way it burned on my face, I'd be afraid to use it even for just a hand soap, KWIM? :undecided

I'm still sooo bummed and PO'd at myself for doing that. Grrrrrrrr :rolleyes:

Very irritating

I know how you feel. Thank goodness you didn't do serious damage to your face! I did the same thing, except I realized it before trying to use it. Though mine was a small batch of M&P. It was my first try at the confetti curls. That was months ago and some of the bars are still sitting here. It's my very favorite scent :( Sooo, I finally got an idea. I shaved the rest into curls(still have a couple bars to do) and put them in the little cloth bags from the co-op for drawer sachets. I'm just using them here at home. I never put anything wet in my dresser so there shouldn't be any problem :D

Could you possibly shred it and use it for washing clothes? Just a while back, I made some really fugly lavender soap (tried adding a lav. "tea"...never thinking that the soap itself would turn a really dark shade of brown - duh!). Anyways, I am just using it for laundry soap now - and it works just fine!

I always check for the safe one but do remember was told cinnamon scents were not safe.Then I see that some(soap/lotion) are made with the spicey scents.SO I go and check all from now on.I kinda stick with the florals and perfumey smells anymore for this stuff. Also fruity ones.

LynnS