Looking for a great soy wax

i am currently using ez soy the plain 415 one. I wanted to achieve better scent throw and a softer wax and so I started to mix j223 into it. I am still in the beginning stages of testing it. Well, the use of parafin has started health issues and so I need to go completely soy. Is there a soy with great scent throw and cuts like butter or do I need to add something to it?

Any help greatly appreciated. I saw something about golden 444. How is that?

Thankyou

Just out of curiosity ... what health issues did you encounter from paraffin. Could you work w/ a 70/30 blend? I found EZ Soy or 415 to work best for my needs for pure soy, but I was really tired of fighting the natural tendencies of soy. The GL 70/30 blend makes a beautiful candle (no frost & colors perfectly), you can cut the slab w/ a butter knife & it still cleans up like pure soy.

Susan.

Thank you for the info. I was actually using j223 for the 70:30 blend. I keep hearing that a blend like that you still maintain the properties of soy. I do not know if I like that blend or if it works well. It is still in the beginning testing stages.

The issues I would encounter has to do with petroleum based properties where it would mimic estrogen and therefore your body would have too much estrogen and the hormones were imbalanced. It is not a fun thing at all. Also for some reason the petro products would also cause a louder ringing in my ears. I think that is just an allergic reaction to it. I am thinking about just reducing the fumes and using gloves. Something to help out.

If I did use a parafin wax. What would be suggested. I still want to have the blend able to cut or scoop out of a container easily.

I've been using KY's Perfect Blend and just love it... now they won't give the exact formula... but there is very, very little paraffin - just enough to make it smooth - no frosting and very few wet spots.

The hot/cold throw have been wonderful in most every FO I've tested....

It comes in slab form but is very soft and easy to cut...

If you go the the Fragrance Discussion heading on the forum main page you will see, as the first entry (in red) Supplier Abbreviations & Links. Just click there and start looking. Once you've found KY you can click on it and you'll get directly connected to their website. There are 2 entry pages!

Hope that helps (HTH)

I also use the Enchanted Lites Millennium Blend and I have used their regular 100% soy and have found very few fragrances that throw well with either hot. The cold throw is great but the hot throw just hasn't been really good for us, so we have started using more and more of the palm wax stuff and that seems to work better than soy for most fragrances even though there are still some that just don't throw, so out they go.

Mike

Try searching for the thread "need your help" which is a listing of what wax and additives are used...lots of members replied and it's a great starting place to see how many use what. IMO 415 has the worst HT of any soy waxes I tested and that is most likely because it is 100% soy flake with no additives.