Pour pot question

I've been trying to search for 2 days, but I keep getting error messages.

I have a pour pot that I bought from a local craft store, but I'm trying to find other things I can use too. Can I use a glass measuring cup? I think I've also heard of people using empty coffee cans. What does everybody use? Thanks!

I use the Rubbermaid Bouncer 3-Way Pitchers. (The type that restaurants and bars use). You can get a two pack at Sam's for about $10. They hold about 3 pounds of melted wax.

call me stupid but are those the things they usually put juices or salad dressings in?

I too use the Pyrex measuring cups. Then when the wax starts to harden I stick it in the Microwave for about 30 seconds. They also wash out beautifully with soy waxes compared to the metal pour pots. I also have an easier time tempering with the Pyrex. The metal is so slow at cooling when its time to pour in the jars. Everyone has a rhythm. Just find yours.

I have Pyrex measuring cups in more sizes than I ever knew was available! The one thing I've learned to look for is the different styles of pour lips. Some are more flared out & allows the wax to pour too wide, so I always look for the more narrow & defined pour lip. Just my preference. Pyrex is too handy -- you can pop 'em in the microwave, or you can 'store' left over wax & pop it in the oven to heat up when you get around to using it.

Susan.

We have many of the 1 pound pour pots, but we still end up using washed-out veggie cans for small amounts. :rolleyes2 We do prefer the aluminum pour pots because of the handles and their composition, which allows us to put them on direct heat to keep them at the right temperature. HTH :)

If you can find them and they are rare. The OLD OLD OLD pyrex glass coffee pots they work great. You will have to look for them at yard sales. The glass wipes right out and there is no leftover scent on them. I lucked out and found a bunch of them a few years back at a local yard sale.

Still use the metal pots too but only because i cannot find anymore glass ones....;)