Solid Color Candles

I was just curious as to if anyone else has trouble making a solid color candle. ROFLMAO after making layered rustic pillars I have some containers to pour and I just couldn't get past wanting them layered in different colors as well. Solid colors just seem so plain. I was just wondering if I'm just a FRUIT CAKE!!! LMAO

I just can't seem to make myself pour a solid color, smooth sided pillar... so I know what ya mean...:laugh2:

Ditto. I prefer rustics & tilted too. When I'm in a hurry or not feeling up to the challenge, I make mottles. Besides, those smooth, shinny candles show flaws and boo-boos where the other don't:cool2:

The trick I use to get a smooth-sided shiny pillar is when I pour it, after it's kind-a set up, I heat gun the side of the mold until I see bubbles come up around the side. You can also see around the top edges of the mold, the wax will turn liquid again . Don't heat-gun it too much, just when you can see it barely melt around the edges or when you get a couple of bubbles. It comes out really smooth and shiny. Trial and error for different waxes and molds.

Soja

By far my favorite candles are the tilted rustics but I did some pretty incredible one color mottled candles this season also. One thing that has really helped was my change to a different pillar wax.

She said solid lol! I'd take a mottled over a solid any day. To think before I made candles, solids were fine. We sold a hot pink solid and it was painful to make without adding anything to it.

Lmao.. I only make solid color pillar candles.. have tried to layer and well

it kinda fell apart.. :o

I do like to add vertical stripes to my pillars ( you can see that result in the candle gallery :tongue2:)

and some of the round roly poly votives I make.. and those turn out fairly well..

soooooo one more thing to put on my to do list again for 2008.... :P

Tilted layered Pillars..