How much would you pay for a candle.....

bthouse

Wow, this thread did get way off track. As for paying yourself a wage? As I said before, we were advised to do so by our accountant many years ago (he's been our accountant going on 20 years). So that is what we do. We have a federal Tax ID#, and we have a few part-time employees including ourselves. He has been audited and our books were right in there with the audit. It came out clean. So, he/we must not be doing anything wrong.

On the subject of paying that for a candle? I personally never would. But I'm a tightwad with certain things. I do however know other people that for a good quality candle would pay that much.

Happy Holidays!

Donna

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by FAT ELVIS viewpost.gif

You candle makers. All you see is wax and FO, you totaly missed that it comes in a red and silver gift box. Hence the big price.:laugh2:

You are so very wrong about that. Those of us in business, do as a matter of fact notice those things. If I were selling to the stars lol, well let's just say I would be in heaven. Packaging is a big concern for me. And we are not just candlemakers, we are mothers, we have jobs, we are many many many other things. Yes your comment was offensive. have a wonderful day.

Originally Posted by FAT ELVIS viewpost.gif

You candle makers. All you see is wax and FO, you totaly missed that it comes in a red and silver gift box. Hence the big price.:laugh2:

You are so very wrong about that. Those of us in business, do as a matter of fact notice those things. If I were selling to the stars lol, well let's just say I would be in heaven. Packaging is a big concern for me. And we are not just candlemakers, we are mothers, we have jobs, we are many many many other things. Yes your comment was offensive. have a wonderful day.

Cindy, I guess you couldn't tell that Fat Elvis was just being sarcastic and funny! :rolleyes: Hence the hysterically laughing smilie at the end.