Wicking bars

ubure

Hi Inez, if you're talking about something to keep the wick tight and in place I can tell you what I use.

I use chopsticks, a pair or cut them in a half to make them shorter, then I use some elastics to keep them close together. In this way You slide the wick through the two chopsticks and they keep it firm and tight. the more the elastics are close one to each other (or close to the "center" of this bar) the more the home made wick holder holds wicks.

I hope this makes sense, if you want a picture I can upload one for you.

If you're talking about something that also centers the wick I can't help, I don't use anything of that kind.

HTH

Hugs

The cheap price somewhere really doesn't tell you what the shipping will be. You need to know who would ship to you the cheapest, then buy their holders from them. The price might be more for the product, but the shipping being cheaper helps a lot.

Try adding to cart at some places, then enter your zip and see what shipping comes to to compare.

Thank you for your help, I will try the skewers.

Is this practicable for many, many containers, as well? If it is time consuming to get the wicks between the skewers this sin't for me.

I have those wicking bars from JBN where you just have to fix the wick in the opening of the bar and pull it to tighten the wick, which works is very fast.

That's why I asked where to get these cheapest.

Thank you for your help, I will try the skewers.

Is this practicable for many, many containers, as well? If it is time consuming to get the wicks between the skewers this sin't for me.

I have those wicking bars from JBN where you just have to fix the wick in the opening of the bar and pull it to tighten the wick, which works is very fast.

That's why I asked where to get these cheapest.

Once you have prepared all your skewers it's fast, at least it's for me. You just open a bit the two skewers and slide the wick through, then you pull and the wick is tight. If I don't have rubberbands to keep them together I use those wire things used to close freezer bags, just give a good swirl and they stay in place. I use this for pillars and the few containers I tried.

HTH

Ubure - I agree with you on the wicking bars. To me they are so quick and easy to use and worth every penny they cost. I used to try other ways but it was to much trouble. If CS has them for 49 each that sound pretty good to me. hth