Dogs New Coats

HeavenScentU

My Jack Russells needed a new coat because it is freezing outside. Since I don't have anymore craft shows I finally had a chance to buy some material that was on sale and make them each a coat. The dogs seem to really like them so we will find out when they go for the daily walk. I had a 40% off coupon and it only cost me $10.00 for 2 coats. DH was impressed and my DIL and son want vests. I don't use patterns so they aren't perfect . I just eyeball it and hope for the best. Here is one pic. of my male. Sorry pics. aren't great. It is hard to get them to stay still especially my male.

[ATTACH]14084[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]14085[/ATTACH]

post-1618-139458438931_thumb.jpg

post-1618-139458438934_thumb.jpg

Aw, sweet, warm puppy.

I made fleece coats for my greys, and I sewed a strip to connect the sides, using velcro to to hold the strip in place. It fit more snug to the tummy and it made the coats stay in place better. That way, the coats were less likely to fly off when they shook or just ran and played hard.

www.SunshineWaxWorks.com

I put a locking strap across the bottom with lining, but I am thinking I should have went with the velcro. I was worried about all the dog hair accumulating on the velcro. My dogs names are Dallas (Female) and Cowboy the male that is shown in the pic. I am a Dallas Cowboy fan. These dogs are sweetie pies but they are very high strung. Thanks for the comments. I don't like sewing but DH wanted something for them to wear for their daily walk. The ones I bought last year were knitted and just didn't keep the dogs warm, so that is why I decided to make these.