Pricing aroma beads?

I want to sell aroma beads, as a kind of wedding favour, in little organza bags. I'm struggling working out the amount of fo in each bag.

Each 1oz bag contains 4 tablespoons of beads. I use 1tablespoon of fo to 4 tablespoons of beads, so each bag contains 1tablespoon of fo.

Does that mean that 1tbsp of fo weights 0.25oz?

Lord help me please, my heads going round lol.

thanks xx

Do you not have scales with a tare button?

You simply put a small empty container on the scales press the tare button so the scales reset to 0 then add as much fo as you are needing, in your case 1 tablespoon the scales should then tell you how much it weighs & you can work out your costs accordingly.

I want to sell aroma beads' date=' as a kind of wedding favour, in little organza bags. I'm struggling working out the amount of fo in each bag.

Each 1oz bag contains 4 tablespoons of beads. I use 1tablespoon of fo to 4 tablespoons of beads, so each bag contains 1tablespoon of fo.

Does that mean that 1tbsp of fo weights 0.25oz?

Lord help me please, my heads going round lol.

thanks xx[/quote']

I think 1 oz = 3 Tab. 1 Tab. = 1/3 oz or .33 weight ( won't let me delete but Saw another site that says it"s 1/2 oz per Tab so who the hell knows?????) Measure in a shot glass if not by weight on scale.

Well, now I am totally confused...lol:confused:

I make them in small batches right now, since it is the end of the season. This is the formula I use for MOST of them - some require a little less FO.

4 ounces beads

1 ounce FO

That makes 4 bags and we sell them for $2.25 each.

Does that help at all??

If we double, triple, etc the batch we just double, triple, etc. the recipe.

I believe I found this recipe on Bittercreek's website, where we purchase the beads.

Aroma Beads $3.50 a pound 4 ounces = .88 cents

Oil $1.50 an ounce depending on price plus shipping to you.

Costs 2.38 times 3 for retail equals 7.14 divided by 4 if putting one ounce in bag 1.79 plus your cost of the organza bags you have to add that too plus extra for your time making them.

I would sell $3.00 an ounce

HTH

Barbara

mmmm thanks for your replies.

I guess the problem is, the instructions I followed were 1tbps fo to 4tbps of beads, but I don't buy the beads in tbps, I buy it in kg.

Roughly speaking 1kg = 32oz, so that would do 32 1oz bags. The fo at a ratio of 4:1 (beads:fo) is a quarter of that, so 8oz of fo.

So........1kg bag at £20 = 32 bags and 8oz fo.

Plus the cost of the bags.

I'm going to read that back to myself and it will make no sense ;)

Not sure how I did it at the time, but I figured for each 1 oz organza bag I had about 50 cents into it, so I sell mine for $2.50 each and they go like HOTCAKES!!!!!

I found my organza bags very cheap on www.yourorganzabag.com for 9 cents each and the shipping is a flat $4.95 and even with that cost figured in, they are still a LOT cheaper than anywhere else I've found them with an extensive color selection. I use the 3x4 favor size as that seems about perfect.

I sold over 10#'s of these suckers this craft show season and for me just getting started a year ago and getting a reputation, I thought that was pretty darn good!!! I have a lot of good comments about them.

hth... most people like the fact that the price is comparable to the "trees" at wallyworld (and of course they have to put 3 in a package for that price because once you open the package completely, you only have a few days of scent-imo anyways) but that they last for over a month!!!

Heather