probably off topic but I'll try

comfortscents

I had an ebay buyer contact me today about purchasing some soap..she asked me how she can keep the soap from getting nicked and scratched and how to dust it? I told her "it's soap, just soap" "it's not superhero soap, it will nick and scratch and probably get dusty if no one uses it"...she wrote me back.."how do I prevent this from happening?" Ya know when you just KNOW someone is going to be a mistake to sell to? I told her the only way to prevent it from happening is when she got the box, to leave the soaps in there..she said "okiedokie" and I immediately blocked her..lol..very scary people on ebay sometimes.

I think I would have directed her to carefully rinse the soap every day while gently rubbing with her hands.

LOL!

I would take it as a compliment, she thinks they are so pretty that she doesn't want them to get ruined. I feel the same way sometimes about burning gorgeous candles (although I don't dust the wax... okay well maybe sometimes when I've had too much coffee and I notice it) :smiley2:

Don't get me started on burning things...I had a candle that didn't sell on ebay so I thought, I'll just keep it for myself...but I didn't want to burn it right now cuz I figured I won't have it for christmas, then I remembered I make them..lol...so I bravely lit it and will refill before the holidays, but I'm more of a pillar gal than a container. I have no problem using my soaps, but I can't believe I got hung up on a candle. When I put a new soap in the soap dish, everyone here washes their hands with Dawn Dishwashing stuff...I finally realized no one wanted to be the first person to use the bar so now I only put soaps in the soap dish that I've already used....I'm just as weird as that ebay buyer.

Was she possible interested in reselling the soap. Several of my wholesalers repackage my soap (I do a handtag type setup) so that the wont get nicks from fingernails, dust to stick on them, etc.

Several? I thought you've only sold one batch to one wholesaler..

I have candles I use for show only and while they're not soaps, I just rinse them with some water and dry with something to make the dust come off. I remember reading you can also lightly buff dust off with old panty hose to not mar the surface of candles. Might work for soaps too.

I'm just remembering now, I used to keep decorator soaps before the kids came along. They were shaped like seashells. I used to just rinse them off quickly and the dust came off. They weren't painted or anything though, just shaped.

That is so funny! Reminds me of when I started making melt and pour and gave them as Christmas Gifts to my DH's Aunts Esther & Mildred. Well, they really appreciated it alot! A couple of weeks go by and I see Aunt Esther at my MIL's. She walks up to me and says, "you know, that soap really smells good!, but what do I do with it?". WTH? I said "it's soap, you bathe with it, it's OK to use, that's why it's called soap." She just looked at me as if I was using a foreign word or discovered a new use for "soap".:laugh2:

Anyway, to this day, at this time of year, I always remember that story.

Carrie

I made petit four soaps for a bridal shower...the bags were marked Chocolate Scented Petit Four SOAPS. I made sure I wrote SOAP in Bold...but dontcha just know that someone's Aunt Margaret bit into the soap? Then of course someone calls me and asks if I will refund their money because someone ate my soap. Is it me or are people getting greedier than usual? How do I pro rate a refund? I mean only Aunt Margaret ate the soap..lol...everyone else read the label? Plus...and this gets me hot..not hot..you know "HOT" hot angry..it always happens with people I gave a discount to in the first place..lol...I charged them 75 cents per petit four so I refunded 75 cents...lol