How many

test candles candles have you had burning at one time(containers)?I have twelve burning right now.It hard to tell which one is throwing.It takes forever for them to burn down.I know this is a dumb question:laugh2: .I guess I am bored waiting for the jars to burn down.:D

Anna

When I test for throw, I put one candle in my bedroom and shut the door to the bedroom. Then I check later to see how strong it is when I open the door, or if I can even smell it outside the door. Once I get a good gauge on the throw, I take it down stairs and burn it in the kitchen with rest of my "wick testing" testers. If you are testing for throw and burn 12 candles, I don't see how you can accurately guage how good the throw is. I will test numerous candles at one time when testing for the proper wick size, but not for throw.

If I'm just testing for wick size I may have 4 or so burning at once. In fact, I've lined up as many as 8 different votives at one time, all with different wicks, just to compare differences in how they burn. If I'm testing for scent throw, I may have 3 burning, in all different parts of the house. (1 in the basement, 1 upstairs in the bedroom, 1 downstairs in the kitchen or living room).

DanaE

Stupid me the first candles was a 8 ounce JJ so I made more.Then thought what am I doing it is taking forever.So votives (I do the flower pot ones now) and test with those.I am testing scent throw now with my wicked(take warning label off) with some candles left over from last year.Still those doggone 8 ounce.So from now on one burning candle at a time with flower pot votives.Even not filling FP votive to the top should work.Why waste all that FO and wax?I had just a teeny bit of candle wax left over and put in a FP votive and within 2 hours I knew that scent was a KEEPER.Also had burned to almost the bottom.

I wish I could sell those FP votives.I like making them and think it would be good for people to buy to see if they like that scent. Cute too.

LynnS

I have 12 going at the moment, side by side. I am testing for burn, not throw. It's easy to see if one is burning too fast or another is hanging up. If so, I blow it out, remelt, rewick and test again. When testing for throw, I burn them in separate rooms.

e

To test wicks you should not burn more one at a time to close together. The burning of one candle to close to the other, while burning, will effect the other, so your test results may not be accurate.

When I test wicks, and burn more than one at a time in one room, I place them throughout the room for better air circulation and controled burn quality.