4627 blend

Does anyone know of a soy/parraffin blend that uses 4627 as the parraffin part? I tried blending my own but it is WAY to messy. Most suppliers don't list what parraffin they use in their blends but I thought maybe someone here might know the inside scoop. I wouldn't mind a blend with j223 as the parraffin part either if someone would know where I can get it. Close to Ohio would be the bestest! TIA

4627 isn't just paraffin. It's a mixture of paraffin and other petroleum derived material to create a one-pour blend. It's a proprietary formula from IGI.

Similarly, wax manufacturers that offer parasoy products will have their own proprietary formulas that they blend from scratch out of raw materials. They would not be incorporating an existing blend from another manufacturer.

When candlemaking suppliers offer a parasoy under their own name, normally they're just buying one of these proprietary blends from a wax manufacturer and branding it.

The kind of mixture you're using doesn't exist unless you make it yourself. If you don't like doing it, you'll have to test the available parasoy products and see if there's something you like. Nothing will be exactly equivalent.

Hi Dana,

KY has Perfect Blend that is more soy than paraffin. I don't know the exact ratio as it isn't part of the public eye, but I work with it and it does have alot of soy in it. If you would like to try some out, she has 10lbs, or cases you can buy. I hope this helps you.

If you're open to still mixing your own blend, you can try the 4630 instead of the 4627. It comes in slabs and is pretty easy to cut and measure. Doesn't break in a pillow case like some paraffin (;) no anger management opportunities) but it cuts well with a utility knife. I mix up a 75/25 blend with GB415 and 4630 -- it works for me. Is it perfect? Of course not, but I can pour a little warmer than straight soy and I rarely get frosting. Cracking, yes, but that's mostly because I'm a bit of an impatient chandler.

I use 4627 and don't really find it messy at all. When I open a new case I open the bag, use a box cutter and cut from the bottom corners up to the top. Then fold the sides of the bag down. Then I use an 8" putty knife to cut the wax into slices. When I've filled my presto I fold the sides back up and put the wax back in the box. Wipe your hands on a paper towel and your ready to go. No problems. I mix mine with soy also but I use more 4627 than soy.

I use 4627 and don't really find it messy at all.
When I open a new case I open the bag, use a box cutter and cut from the bottom corners up to the top. Then fold the sides of the bag down. Then I use an 8" putty knife to cut the wax into slices.

When I've filled my presto I fold the sides back up and put the wax back in the box. Wipe your hands on a paper towel and your ready to go. No problems. I mix mine with soy also but I use more 4627 than soy.

I 'm confused, :o why start at the bottom corners? I am thinking because a corner is a smaller cross section. Are you actually cutting the wax w/ a box cutter, or cutting the plastic? I can't imagine making "slices" with this vaseline type stuff. I was even thinking of just opening a case and putting the whole thing into the turkey fryer and just remelt it each time I need it. Do you think melting and remelting will effect the wax at all? Sorry all the questions!

I mix one # of 4627 to 9 # of 415 soy right now I like it tomorrow :undecided I could change my mind messed around with several diffrent waxes trying to stick with mostly soy and this has worked for me :D guess you could use a little more 4627 I just dip mine out with a heated heavy duty spoon or if I have a measuring cup which I have been dipping hot wax with I will just use that since it dips pretty easy when heated