Lotion Bar in the Shower?

CBE

With the cold weather finally here, my skin has been so dry lately, especially my legs. I made a lotion bar for myself (minus the beeswax) with lots of cocoa butter and a tad bit coconut oil. I decided to use it in the shower last night after shaving my legs. While it was a tad bit messy... it worked. The moisturizing was the exact same as if I were to use a bath melt in the tub.

Has anyone else ever tried using a lotion bar in the shower?

I have never tried it. I am to scared the water will get my lotion bar all moldy.

I don't see how this could be a problem? Any water on the outside remaining after use will just evaporate- as long as it is on a well draining surface (like one of those metal wire soap dishes). But you could always add a preservative (suitable for anhydrous products) to be safe if it really bothers you that much ;) .

Lush has some good ones, but they melt in warm weather.

Wylde Ivy has a great one that is similiar- solid scrub bar, very moistuzing.

She is in PA- I order from her at least once a year. The spray-on dry body oil is killer, and cyclo-free. A must try.

You know Cocoa butter is a huge pore clogger, right? ;)

Maybe another butter might work better, IMO.

I was not fond of the lotion bars in the shower, kind of like having too many bars of soap in there. heehee (aren't all soapers guilty of that?) I've tried the lush ones...just was not a fan. I actually make a shea sugar scrub. I blend 60% shea with 40% RBO or Fractionated coconut, if my skin is really feeling dry I sub 10% of the RBO or FCO for Jojoba. I use a super blend of equal parts by weight of sugar in the raw, white granular and brown sugar. Add that to a paste and use liquipar optima and vitamin e. It works GREAT as to exfoliate the skin and moisturize it :) Plus it stays IN a jar ;) Oh I whip this too.