Soy wax turning brown

I sent one of my soy candles to a friend to test burn and she called me and said the wax turned brown as it burned. She said she has burned it 3/4 way down and now the melted wax has gone from the original color (light purple) to a brown burnt color?

Jar size = 2" wide, wax = CB ADVANCED , wick = CD20

What could be causing this? I had no trouble with my original burn test.

I've had my turn a bit off sometimes. I chalk it up to being the nature of the beast. Same jars, same wicks, same colors, different fo's... sometimes different colors, same fo's.... only seems to be on some of them. I've never quite been able to pin it on one particular reason.

I have right now burning 2 4" jars ... one with jack frost, htp 73, colored light dove grey... the other is lumberjack, htp 73, and sage green. The one with jack frost is slightly off looking while it's burning, but goes back to almost dove grey when cooled.

I'd like to kick the person in the shins that introduced me to soy wax sometimes... ohhh wait!!! that person would be me!!!:laugh2: I've got to be honest though... I love working with soy when I've got the time to play... it's those rare moments when I'm really stretched thin that I could beat the box of flakes silly.

Kim