Carpet Freash

Dolphin146

I use the borax/baking soda mixture as well. I find that just plain baking soda seems harder to vacuum up. My daughter loves it and so do I just make sure you don't get it to wet like I did my first time making it lol It took forever to dry.

• 2 months later...

Oy-- I made some freshener with just the B.S. and FO and shook it every day for a week before I put them in some shakers. I just tried it out now and it wasn't coming out of the shaker. How long do you girls recommend drying the mixture for? I left the lid on, so I guess it couldn't really dry... Would appreciate any tips.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After reading this yesterday, I had to try it. I am also curious as to how long it takes to dry though. I cant wait to sprinkle it on my carpet. I thought a bigger container would help the drying process, so it could be more spread out. Even thought of putting it in a cardboard box to soak up some of the wetness, but decided not to, because I figured it would also soak up the scent. Any takers on how long it takes?