Got my wicks today!!!!!

Um... because everyone told me to experiment with different wicks in different jars with different waxes. This isn't the same type of jar, not the same type of wax and not the same FO.

The candle I previously posted about was not as perfect as I thought it was. A member on here emailed me one on one and told me more about wicks, explaining the wick I used in the candle was too big and could cause a fire.

Isn't that the whole point of "learning" by experience? Have I offeneded you in some way, MizBizzyB? Just seems like it.

Um... because everyone told me to experiment with different wicks in different jars with different waxes. This isn't the same type of jar, not the same type of wax and not the same FO.

The candle I previously posted about was not as perfect as I thought it was. A member on here emailed me one on one and told me more about wicks, explaining the wick I used in the candle was too big and could cause a fire.

Isn't that the whole point of "learning" by experience? Have I offeneded you in some way, MizBizzyB? Just seems like it.

LMAO :laugh2: - it is hard to offend me...I have tough skin.

I am basing my posts of your posts. That is all....

I questioned your wick being too big for that jar. As I stated I would have been scared to use that size wick in a jar for the safety of my home.

You stated it was a perfect burn....so that is why I questioned why the testing of new wicks and I did state if it ain't broke don't fix it, which translates to If you have a perfect burn and excellent scent throw (taken from your other thread) why change it? :rolleyes2

But NOW knowing your candle did not have a perfect burn and excellent throw, then yeah...test more wicks (I suggest a smaller wick) and I say different combos as well...play with your FO loads too...you may wanna try a little less or a little more FO.

I'm learning that what I thought was perfect ( smell in the air and melted wax in the jar) is not always perfect. Mostly because you all have been very informative. Now making the candles is like second nature. I make notes as I make the candle, I note as the candles set and I note as the candle burns. I

I am just glad "that" candle was not given to someone and their house burnt down because the wick was too big. I noticed I am learning from the wicks themselves, as I use them in my candles, probably nothing you guys could teach me... kind of a live and learn thing.

But............ I am so addicted! LOL. Can't stop now!

Glad I didn't offend you MizBizzyB!

I'm learning that what I thought was perfect ( smell in the air and melted wax in the jar) is not always perfect. Mostly because you all have been very informative. Now making the candles is like second nature. I make notes as I make the candle, I note as the candles set and I note as the candle burns. I

I am just glad "that" candle was not given to someone and their house burnt down because the wick was too big. I noticed I am learning from the wicks themselves, as I use them in my candles, probably nothing you guys could teach me... kind of a live and learn thing.

But............ I am so addicted! LOL. Can't stop now!

Glad I didn't offend you MizBizzyB!

Dont be afraid to ask questions....some of us sugar coat things (really super nice in my opinion) others are more direct (aka mizbizzyb) but in the end we are all here to help each other. :D

It is an addiction (ask my 14x14 storage room - it is crowded) but not an overnight success - which most of us had to learn when we got started.

Keep with one jar - master it, then move on to the next. But I suggest mastering the first jar with each scent you want to carry, then move to the next.

Now, if you figure out how to successfully wick for a clean burn Christmas Splendor from NG in the Christmas jars from I think Aztec I will pay you for those notes....lmao :laugh2: