It's like picking a scab when you were a kid

And you know what!?!?! It's not the first time I've done that stupid trick!

I should wear a sign..." slow learner, procede with caution!" My OCD must be kicking in, I just can't leave the molds alone!

I popped out 4 tonight with horrible results. Can't imagine why that would be!?!?!?

I need a :timeout: to walk away from the molds and :meditate: .

LOL... I even stuck them in the fridge thinking that I could hurry them up!:laugh2:

Kimberly

LLM, that's why I have to leave the area or duct tape my hands... Pulling palm pillars too early can cause them to develop a "waist" :embarasse Worst case scenario is when they sit there and blow out and dump their contents all over the table... yep. I actually DID that...:embarasse

Yup... done it! Popped a votive out of the mold, thought it was 'cool,' then had hot wax all over my hand after trying to get the wick pin out. Even now, I pace :tiptoe: while watching them cool... knowing what's happened before.... but OH GOd it kills me to see them. I have that urge to test and what's 12 hours?!!?! LOL...:laugh2:

Some of mine get a little bit of a waist whether I pull them out early or not

I had this occur because of not doing relief holes. When the top is too thick, the contracting of the cooling middle can literally cave in a place on the side or cause a "waist." :rolleyes2

So I do the relief stuff and leave them in the molds until they are cooled. I think they have a better surface when totally cooled in the molds rather than pulling them while still warm and allowing them to cool on the wickpins.