One flaming air bubble!!

aarrgghh this is driving me to distraction.

I've 4 tumblers setting up with ecosoy container (not advanced). I keep getting an air bubble in each one, I try tapping, best I can in glass, so decided to zap them with my air gun, it goes, it sets, comes back, zap, goes, sets comes back, zap...........getting the picture? Just 1 air bubble in each tumbler.

Please someone, tell me theres a magic cure, before I launch them.

and calm..........2, 3, 4 lol

I poke around the wicks while the candles are still soft with a toothpick or bamboo skewer whether I see bubbles or not. If a bubble pops, then comes back after heat gunning, there's a cavern underneath...

When I do this early in the cooling period, there is usually no trace of my messing around when the candle cools. :wink2:

I use Ecosoya CB135 and have been having this same problem lately. No matter what temp I pour at I have 1 or two that do this. There is always one that drives me insane. Heat gun, poke, heat gun, etc. Never had this problem before. Just got a new case, will see if it happens with this one.

kimmeroo Ecosoya CB135 is good and what I finally settled with. Tried C3 and couldnt get it to throw

I had only tried CB135 until a few months ago and decided to try GB464 for the heck of it. Am sticking with CB135. Excellent throw and smooth tops, etc. Even after burning no cauliflower look either. Only the air bubble thing recently form time to time. Cb135 is an awesome wax!

I have found that this happens more when I pour too hot...the cavern is really big. It also takes FOR-E-VER to do this when the candle is still soft, so I let them cure overnight. Then I come back with my heat gun and sweep back and forth so as to fill the hole from side to side so that the melted wax slides into the hole instead of covering it and "burping". If the hole isn't large enough, I hit it with the heat gun (I use an embossing gun from Michael's) so that the wax can slide in from the side easier. You might have to come back if a few bubbles escape, but I think this may work for you. It does for me anyways!:wink2: