Flake pillar

Alohagirl

Very pretty. A nice Christmas color. How do you get the sides so smooth? I've given up (for awhile) on chunks, because no matter what I do (waterbath etc.) I seem to get a rustic of washboard look. Want to share any secrets????:D

Thanks. Not everybody likes this kind of chunk pillar, but I think they look really nice in real-life, not so great in photos. And they glow like stained glass when they're lit.

Dee, to eliminate the washboard texture, just use a heatgun on each side right after pouring. Stop when you see tiny bubbles coming up. (I forgot to do it on this one, so I used the heatgun after unmolding but that doesn't work as well.)

Love your chunk. Puts me in mind of a lime life saver. How thick are your chunks?

When I made my 1st chunk I used pieces molded from a novelty plastic ice tray. They were too thick & the candle burned poorly. I just remelted it & attempted my 2nd rustic. I digress. *sheepish grin*

I love the irregular shapes.

Have you burned any of the new waxes? How are you liking them? Which ones have you tried?

How thick are your chunks?

Have you burned any of the new waxes? How are you liking them? Which ones have you tried?

The chunks are only 1/4 inch thick. I've tried Peak's pillar paraffin, which seems to burn the same as 1343. The pre-blend granules are nice too, but I have to wick up one size. (Harder wax, I guess.)