soap molds

Jo Ann

Other than actual soap molds what do you use  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Other than actual soap molds what do you use

• baking pans
    • cookie cutters
    • other please explain

I personally wouldn't use teflon coated, but you can always try it and see if you're happy with the results! If you add dye or scent though, I would suggest that you set that aside for only soap use from there on out and not use for food.

The reason I wouldn't use it though is because I've personally never had great luck with coatings staying on, and I wouldn't want the flaked off coating in my soaps!

To reply to your poll .... I have used baking pans (didn't like the result, and the pan ended up rusting), cookie cutters (cute soaps, but don't use them anymore just because I have such an extensive collection of molds), as well as "glad" containers, 2 liter bottles (cut the bottom off and it makes a really neat, but rather large, star/flower shaped soap), old tupperware containers, popsicle molds, ice cubes trays, cookie sheets (pull the soap before it's completely set and you can roll it up to make "candy" or "lollipop" soaps). The kitchen department at Walmart is full of potential molds LOL.

Of everything listed though, those all fall into my "experiment" category and I don't use them today. Now I still with strictly molds, but that's because it works for me. If I were doing craft shows or had a brick & mortar store I would do the fun stuff, but that kind of stuff doesn't sell well for me online.

• 1 month later...