Suggestion on chosing a scent

cybersix

Hi all, I have to make a basket for a benefit auction (cat shelter), the products in there will be:

2 chunky pillars with cat embed

2 palm pillars

some votives

some tarts

some bath bombs

one multi use spray freshenr.

My idea was to make everything in one scent, and I have to chose one that is skin safe, I was thinking going with something classic, rose or vanilla for example.. but now I can't decide, making just one scent or chosing different scent for every item?

tia

Uh I'd love it, but I don't have it! I can't buy it now and waiting a month for it to arrive, so I'm choosing among fragrances I already have. I'm liking the idae to do only one scent, so from candles to room/body spray everythink has the same fragrance, so I'm letting out bakery scents (I like smelling of cookies, but not everyone might!).... what about french vanilla and amber?

If I won something like that, I'd rather have a bunch of different scents that are related. Like Pink Sugar, buttercream, Honey & Propolis would all be sweet, sugary scents. Or different kitchen or bakery scents. Or various Christmas scents. Or several different fresh or spa type scents. If I got all one scent and didn't like that one scent, I'd feel let down but if there's a variety there's a better chance of liking something. It just seems more creative and better advertisement for you too.

Darbla

What do you have in the way of scents?

This is just this area, but rose and vanilla are so common. If you blended them together they might not be though.

I'd probably go for all one scent, but for us, we'd do that with our top three/four sellers, which aren't rose or vanilla.

What do you have in the way of scents?

This is just this area, but rose and vanilla are so common. If you blended them together they might not be though.

I'd probably go for all one scent, but for us, we'd do that with our top three/four sellers, which aren't rose or vanilla.

It's hard here to sell unusual scents, people often go with "classic".

I'm discarding christmas related scents because of this, and because a spray for example can have many uses.. and a bath bomb wich smells of sugar cookies maybe it's not a woman dream..

I was thinking of french van and amber, it's an all time scent, it's quite intrigating (as cats), and misterious if you want, and since this auction will be attend mostly by women I though it could work.

And it's a good perfume to wear (in my opinion)

I ran across this, don't remember where, on basket ideas - broken down in categories. Even though it says a Candle Basket, of course, you could do that in soaps, lotions, etc.

Aromatherapy Candle Gift Basket - tranquility, relaxation, serenity, refreshing and soothing blends.

Bakery Candle Gift Basket - pumpkin pie, strawberry cheesecake, lemon meringue, spiced pear and baked apple pie fragrances.

Berry Candle Gift Basket - strawberry, black cherry, blueberry, raspberry and mulberry fragrances.

Citrus Candle Gift Basket - pink grapefruit, orange vanilla, tangerine, fresh lemon and lime fragrances.

Coffee Candle Gift Basket - amaretto coffee, cappuccino, fresh brewed coffee, cafe mocha, and hazelnut coffee fragrances.

Floral Candle Gift Basket - gardenia, white rose, sweet pea, plumeria, and fresh floral fragrances.

Fruit Candle Gift Basket - peach nectar, granny smith apply, pear glaze, tropical fruit and papaya fragrances.

Herbal Candle Gift Basket- greet tea, sandalwood, eucalyptus, lavender, and patchouli fragrances.

Holiday Candle Gift Basket - cinnamon cider, apply cider, peppermint, pumpkin spice and cinnamon apple fragrances.

Votive Basket - 10 votives.

If I was going to do a combination basket, I would simply put together the top scents that are being sold for whatever time of year you are representing. You may possibly think of of some cute names that relate to cats and label each accordingly.

What about an Odor Eliminator candle in the mix?

I ran across this, don't remember where, on basket ideas - broken down in categories. Even though it says a Candle Basket, of course, you could do that in soaps, lotions, etc.

Aromatherapy Candle Gift Basket - tranquility, relaxation, serenity, refreshing and soothing blends.

Bakery Candle Gift Basket - pumpkin pie, strawberry cheesecake, lemon meringue, spiced pear and baked apple pie fragrances.

Berry Candle Gift Basket - strawberry, black cherry, blueberry, raspberry and mulberry fragrances.

Citrus Candle Gift Basket - pink grapefruit, orange vanilla, tangerine, fresh lemon and lime fragrances.

Coffee Candle Gift Basket - amaretto coffee, cappuccino, fresh brewed coffee, cafe mocha, and hazelnut coffee fragrances.

Floral Candle Gift Basket - gardenia, white rose, sweet pea, plumeria, and fresh floral fragrances.

Fruit Candle Gift Basket - peach nectar, granny smith apply, pear glaze, tropical fruit and papaya fragrances.

Herbal Candle Gift Basket- greet tea, sandalwood, eucalyptus, lavender, and patchouli fragrances.

Holiday Candle Gift Basket - cinnamon cider, apply cider, peppermint, pumpkin spice and cinnamon apple fragrances.

Votive Basket - 10 votives.

If I was going to do a combination basket, I would simply put together the top scents that are being sold for whatever time of year you are representing. You may possibly think of of some cute names that relate to cats and label each accordingly.

What about an Odor Eliminator candle in the mix?

Thank you very much, this is a great suggestion!

And a odor eliminator candle coan be great for animal lovers!

Then go that way. French Vanilla & Amber would be a nice collection I would think.

Maybe a mix of vanilla fragrances would be good, but I only have plain vanilla and french vanilla and amber lol.

It's too bad people here don't like bakery scents I love them so much!

• 2 months later...