Mia Bella?

A candle dealer has really upset me and the other candle maker in my area. He has been buying our candles and trying to break them down and find out what waxes wicks and FO ratios we are using. She has banned him from her store but I can't ban him from my store because I still have wholesale locations. Well, the other day my mom saw his vehicle driving in town and wrote down his website name. Well it turns out he is a mia bella dealer. He has been sticking labels with his company name over mia bella's packaging and selling it as HANDMADE. This really makes me mad. I was upset that he was trying to steal my candle information but lying to customers and saying that a factory made product is handmade, by you at that! This is not the only way he is screwing and lying to people though. He owns a cafeteria in a local plant called Raytheon. He is known for running up enormous bills and then filing backruptcy and opening the cafeteria back up as a different business. He has done this several times. I am seriously considering reporting him for first of all lying to his customers and saying that the products are handmade by him and second of all relabeling products which as you guys have pointed out to me before is illegal. What do you think about the situation?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LMAO!!

OK my first question is why cover the Mia B(om)ella label? Really you should be LYAO over this. It costs them a pretty buck to 1) get the candle; 2) absorb the training; and 3) be the perfect ass in the market place.

A) Yep, that's typical Mia Bella sellers, because once they know your candle's make up they will rip it to shreds while marketing theirs.

B) Welcome to the first of many MB tactics, but hey that seller has no clue how to make a candle, because MB candles come manufactured right?

C) Get ready to positively defend your product, which is why making all the stuff you do should have more or less been a gradual education. Guess you'll know how much you absorbed as you face off with MB.

D) Trust me, you've only just begun to be exposed to the BS.

LMAO!!

OK my first question is why cover the Mia B(om)ella label? Really you should be LYAO over this. It costs them a pretty buck to 1) get the candle; 2) absorb the training; and 3) be the perfect ass in the market place.

A) Yep, that's typical Mia Bella sellers, because once they know your candle's make up they will rip it to shreds while marketing theirs.

B) Welcome to the first of many MB tactics, but hey that seller has no clue how to make a candle, because MB candles come manufactured right?

C) Get ready to positively defend your product, which is why making all the stuff you do should have more or less been a gradual education. Guess you'll know how much you absorbed as you face off with MB.

D) Trust me, you've only just begun to be exposed to the BS.

Thanks!! That really made me feel better, LOL

Thanks!! That really made me feel better, LOL

I deal with them constantly, so trust me ... promote your stuff in a positive manner and realize the person selling MB probably has never made a candle in their life, but they sure think they know it all. No need to let them in under your skin, though they love to be there. It's their make up. Where do you think a lot of marketing BS came from?

Just wait till they send a kid into your booth to try to put down your product in front of a crowd ... think I'm kidding?

Look at the positive side here, your wholesale accts will be ordering more from you since your candles are selling so well.....

LOL, Not sure how many he has bought but when I talked to the other candle maker here she said he bought TON's from her and then walked in her shop one day and said.."What is in your candles? I have tried and tried to figure out so I could make some." I guess he thought she would just hand over a list of suppliers and instructions.

LOL, Not sure how many he has bought but when I talked to the other candle maker here she said he bought TON's from her and then walked in her shop one day and said.."What is in your candles? I have tried and tried to figure out so I could make some." I guess he thought she would just hand over a list of suppliers and instructions.

Even non-MB sellers do that.

The other candle maker in my are,a the oneI said something about in my post, has done this, LOL. We are sworn enemies but came together to overcome this guy. Anyways, she sent her grandaughter to my booth and the put lotion on one hand and Multi freshener on the other. She then ran quickly back to her grandma's booth where they took turns smelling:laugh2: . Even more funny is when her employees come and buy from me and make me swear to shut my mouth. I really respect the woman though. She is one of the reasons I started making candles and truly makes a quality product.

The other candle maker in my are,a the oneI said something about in my post, has done this, LOL. We are sworn enemies but came together to overcome this guy. Anyways, she sent her grandaughter to my booth and the put lotion on one hand and Multi freshener on the other. She then ran quickly back to her grandma's booth where they took turns smelling:laugh2: . Even more funny is when her employees come and buy from me and make me swear to shut my mouth. I really respect the woman though. She is one of the reasons I started making candles and truly makes a quality product.

OMG. Sworn enemies? Came together to overcome this guy? Her employees sneak away to buy from you? wow. You have got a SUPER imagination!

Mine was always the PL reps they use to drive me insane I even had to ban a few from my booth. They would come in and tell me how bad my candles where and they never bought or burned one.

As for relabeling I did one craft show where I sat and watch this lady tear the packaging off the 4 wicked pillars from walmart and put her own label on and sold them as hand crafted candles. What worse was she only marked them up $2 from the walmart price. People where buying them like crazy, it really pissed me off at the time now I just shake my head and wonder why some people fall for stuff like that.

Mine was always the PL reps they use to drive me insane I even had to ban a few from my booth. They would come in and tell me how bad my candles where and they never bought or burned one.

As for relabeling I did one craft show where I sat and watch this lady tear the packaging off the 4 wicked pillars from walmart and put her own label on and sold them as hand crafted candles. What worse was she only marked them up $2 from the walmart price. People where buying them like crazy, it really pissed me off at the time now I just shake my head and wonder why some people fall for stuff like that.

Here's a good one Vicky--just had the PL rep in the booth directly behind me at a show I did a few weeks ago. Complained to the show organizer that I thought their placement was tacky and that it is cheap for a "craft" show to let in corporations with goods that are not handcrafted. I can't stand Partylite--all the people that sell it pretend they are candlemakers. It is ridiculous.

Nothing personal against MB but for some reason or another when they came to the local show in my home town a month ago somehow they got moved from main street to the back lot in the main sunlight......if that didn't piss em off I bet this did. Not getting a table for their booth either. Oh wait a second......they felt they were entitled to a table for their booth when it was clearly stated that none was offered. The nerve. I just can't understand why they packed up early and left. Hmmmmmmmm

Oh by the way it was such a joy to be on the craft show committee and help on the placement of booths. All the other hand made chandlers got fairly decent spots.

No love lost here for MB. I don't see much of them at juried craft shows....I do see them once in a while where shows are open to everybody. Watch out I hear they are making soap. Wonder what BS they will use.

JMHO

Nothing personal against MB but for some reason or another when they came to the local show in my home town a month ago somehow they got moved from main street to the back lot in the main sunlight......if that didn't piss em off I bet this did.

Oh by the way it was such a joy to be on the craft show committee and help on the placement of booths. All the other hand made chandlers got fairly decent spots.

JMHO

ROFL! That is too funny, can you some do the shows out here?

I only had ONE show where I had to deal with them and I am not doing it next year. For that matter, at least five of the other vendors aren't going next year for the same reason. Their turnout was poor and some people I spoke with at the show I did this weekend said they didn't like it because it is all companies anymore, not a lot of handcrafted items. I can't stand going to those type parties, why would I want to go and see them at a show?