Filling Clamshells.

I was at a local store dropping off an order and the store owner was showing me around her new store because she had just moved to a new location. She showed me some clamshells that only had the cube section filled with wax the rest of the clamshell was empty. I have been making the clamshell and filling them completely. Aren't we supposed to be filling the container to the top? When I saw that I just said out loud that is odd. I have never seen a clamshell filled like that before. The store owner must have gotten embarrassed because she said oh the candle lady is a perfectionist and is going to fill the container. I didn't mean anything by what I just saw but I thought that was the oddest thing I have ever seen. How many ounces is that?

Guest Candelishis

Umm yeah that is weird...I fill mine to the top too. Can you imagine trying to fill each tiny little cube????? I would make a mess and it would take me forever!!!

I put 2 oz of wax in mine which just covers the cubes. I feel they break apart better than when filled all the way to the top. I max out the FO and encourage my customers to start with one cube. Each person has there own idea what is right with these things.

I fill mine all the way, but agree that they are easier to deal with when a bit more shallow. So long as you price it right, it doesn't really matter. That person must have been using a pipette or something to fill those. Way to much detail work for me! It's Bag-n-Tag for me! Mine are 100% soy, so they break apart relatively easily already because they are so soft.

Umm yeah that is weird...I fill mine to the top too. Can you imagine trying to fill each tiny little cube????? I would make a mess and it would take me forever!!!

I, stupidly do that...lol....it does take time and it can make a mess. Now I just let it flow over a bit

I think the ladies said they are selling them for $1.50 ea. retail. I told the ladies that my wholesale price was $2.00 ea. and the stores are selling them for $4.99 ea. They were in shock, but wanted mine anyway, so I am taking the clamshells to the store next week along with my tart warmers.