In A Pickle...help Please

8-GRAN-ONES

I decided to make grumpys salt bar for a tester..to get prepared for the class..being I am not an expert...

I made 1 other batch of a different salt bar recipe of grumpys about 1 week ago...It turned out great..

This one I just made as soon as I started adding the ingrediants together, it turns a really ukky grey color...I used the same types of every thing that I had used before, just differnt amounts...

What would cause this...

th_101_6128.jpg

well here is the grey globb...you talk about scrambeling to make some colors out of grey...

I was raking my brain for color charts...lol the blue is not as blue as this picture shows...

but it was the best i could do...I was not planning on these colors at all..but this is what I had to do to save it..because I surely didin't want to throw it out....sorry grumpy...I made such a mess..and I was not trying to copy you...just trying to get a feel for your class...

And did you knowtice that very nice mold???:)

Let me tell you that mold is a dream...

they are so easy to get out...

Someday I will have to get another one of them....

Maybe when you make a bigger one...

Your beautiful coloured soap makes your TOG Mold look great!:yay: A larger model like this TOG Mold is coming out very soon, just because asked really nicely!:smiley2:

Paul....

I don't want to be over board..In this thread...but

I really don't know how these turned out like this...I bet in a hundred years I could not duplicate them..lol..They were honestly the uglyist grey...To be honest I don't even know how much color I put in them...I was just trying to get rid of the grey...I did want to post one more picture, since I cleaned them all up...This is my very first ever colored and swirled soap..I am really quite proud,,because I almost poured it down the drain..I am really thinking maybe the FO caused them to turn Grey...I used Sex On The Beach ..from Indianna Candle Supply...I had no trouble with the FO sezing..or riceing..Thankfully it allowed me to get all these colors in..They smell so gooood..

th_101_6134.jpg

Those are stunning, even Grumpy Girl would agree! :)

You're a natural soaper, no doubt about it.

I totally agree! You did an outstanding job. I made one really nice swirl......once. LOL You might want to put one up and save it, kinda like the first dollar made in a new business venture! I am having a hard time not coming back to stare at them. Truly gorgeous!

Paul....

they are just beautiful!

Lots of CP soap colors are not true until the soap 'does it's thing', especially blues and purples. The surprise of the final result, to me, is one of the neatest things about making soap!

Congratulations on a super-looking final result!

I don't want to be over board..In this thread...but

I really don't know how these turned out like this...I bet in a hundred years I could not duplicate them..lol..They were honestly the uglyist grey...To be honest I don't even know how much color I put in them...I was just trying to get rid of the grey...I did want to post one more picture, since I cleaned them all up...This is my very first ever colored and swirled soap..I am really quite proud,,because I almost poured it down the drain..I am really thinking maybe the FO caused them to turn Grey...I used Sex On The Beach ..from Indianna Candle Supply...I had no trouble with the FO sezing..or riceing..Thankfully it allowed me to get all these colors in..They smell so gooood..

th_101_6134.jpg

Looks cool! See I told you that the colors could change. Never judge a color in your soap until its all done. You just never know what you might get.

You have good reason to be proud.