Reikes Libbey Pricing on Containers

I just got some pricing from Reikes Glass Co.. and their prices are quite expensive... I thought they were supposed to be a large distributor, if so why are they charging so much for their jars. I found the same glass jar 8 1/2 oz Crisa smooth sided for .25 cents less from Green Leaf Candle Supplies...

Does anyone have a better or cheaper supplier for Libbey Glassware??? By the time you add fright on these simple jars they are more than apothocary which are larger and include lids..... hmmmmm

Thanks for any info....

Cami

Were you quoted wholesale or resale prices? I buy all my glassware from Reikes. I don't have to pay shipping as my DH work near there and he picks the order up for me. Reikes does have a min on wholesale buying which is $250.00. So when I do place an order I always buy alot to meet the min dollar amount and enough so I only need to order about twice a year. Hope this helps

Thanks Reese for the info.. Yes I was quoted wholesale... I think they have some of the jars confused and that is why the pricing was different.. I am going to call tomorrow and see what quantity discounts they offer....

I have always bought my containers from Riekes in Dallas. I am in town now

and called them and the orders now come out of California. I was not able to

pick up the 24 dozen cases while I was in town. Tom Moore is great to work with and will give you a good deal.

Rae

I have always bought my containers from Riekes in Dallas. I am in town now

and called them and the orders now come out of California. I was not able to

pick up the 24 dozen cases while I was in town. Tom Moore is great to work with and will give you a good deal.

Rae

Maybe it depends where you live? When I contacted them, they gave me a phone # and name of a local rep. I'm in CA and the phone # was in the Long Beach, CA area. I've also noticed several times that suppliers have them cheaper, but I'm sure it's the volume they are buying.

Thank You everyone for your responses... I am dealing with California and wanted to order from Texas but they said I needed to order from Cali.. If we don't get better pricing I will be calling Texas tomorrow.. Thanks also for the referral David... I'll be sure to let him know and hopefully he'll pass on some savings your way... I appreciate it and will let you know what I find out.....

Thanks!

Cami

Maybe it depends where you live? When I contacted them, they gave me a phone # and name of a local rep. I'm in CA and the phone # was in the Long Beach, CA area. I've also noticed several times that suppliers have them cheaper, but I'm sure it's the volume they are buying.

I have bought from them for over 8 years. I used to live in Dallas and was able to pick up all my supplies. I'm on vacation in Texas right now and tried to do a pick up. If they had had the jars in stock they woule have let me pick them up. The lady told me they had changed their ordering process and now all orders are placed through California. She gave me an estimated shipping cost from California to Georgia and it wasn't all that bad.