4 inch chime candles

I'm looking for some help. I'm wanting to make 4 inch taper/chime candles. I can't find any molds anywhere and i'm trying to make one myself but so far i've ended up with 6 pieces of copper pipe to a bent piece of cheet metal and 1 third degree burn from bumping the hot pipe after sidering it to the metal...

Help please, i've learned a lot just from reading, now i'm hoping someone can help. =)

Here's a link to the place i buy them at to show what i'm looking for.

http://www.azuregreen.com/Candles/Tapers,_Pillars,_Figure,__&_Jar_candles/Candle_tapers/C4CG:Chime:_4inchx_1.2inchdia_Lt_Green/Page_1/C4CG.html

I'll keep you posted, i'm giving my poor finger some rest with lots of aloe for the burn (trust me when i say a third degree burn doth suck much), before i try conquering the top pouring area.....Once i get it done i'll post a picture if it works =)

Love your name and sig, my wife's name is vickie and she loves Tink as well.....

• 1 month later...

I just came across this thread, so I may be to late, but I had Candlewic make a Polyurethane mold for some small votives I wanted. It wasn't cheap, but if you plan on making a lot of them it might be worth looking into. It was 5-6 years ago so I don't remember if I had to send them a sample of what I needed or what.

I bought one from them, but that's what i'm looking for but multiple together like the old style 12 tapers you see at estate sales.

I'll call Candlewic later this week and see if they might be able to make it.

Why not get the multi metal tube for 6" tapers and just cut them to 4"??? I used to do that, then I would heat a small pan on the stove and 'seal' the bottom to smooth it out. Here's one one place that has the 6" mold.

http://www.betterbee.com/products.asp?dept=880

what's the diameter of the 6 inch tapers? It's a diameter thing as well, wanting them to fit in the holders i have. I know i'm being picky:laugh2:

You'll have to call them and find out.........I HATE those type of taper molds and haven't used them in years. They are a pain in the ass to wick, you have to seal up the bottom REAL good or they leak, they have ugly seams and my beeswax wouldn't come out all the time. Nope I LOVE my silicone taper molds!! :cool2:

Why not get your dimensions figured and commission someone or make your own silicone mold?

The mold I have is a two piece for that type of candle AND it's fatter and bigger lol.

Then again, you could just make regular tapers and maybe just use a fat pencil sharpener to maybe get that tip. It's a shot in the dark and just a thought, and buff where you sharpen.

I'm sure the mold exists somewhere though, but I have never seen a rack, a clump or cluster of them in one mold.