Proud Papa: My custom gift bags

racolvin

I finally got some good shots of my custom gift bags to put on my website and I thought I would share with the group :)

http://www.madisoncandleworks.com/personal_products.html

So far my customers are loving these new bags as my "packaging" for local deliveries. I'm slowly getting a hang of the idea that marketing and branding are just as important as a clean burning candle when it comes to making the sale :)

Note to Mods: I wasn't sure what section to post this in, so I went here. If I'm in the wrong spot, feel free to move it with my apologies :)

As a man and an engineer trying to make and sell a product to women, getting the right marketing, packaging, etc is hard work ;) I want to go for a classy, high-end look but it had to be something my male brain could deal with while being "female friendly". I'm still working at it but golly you ladies can be hard to figure out sometimes :D

As a man and an engineer trying to make and sell a product to women, getting the right marketing, packaging, etc is hard work ;) I want to go for a classy, high-end look but it had to be something my male brain could deal with while being "female friendly". I'm still working at it but golly you ladies can be hard to figure out sometimes :D

Well I think you did an awesome job!! Very classy and high end in appearance. And just think, if your local customers are anything like me, when I get a nice bag like that, I use it for other things, like bringing in snacks to my desk at work, and then it gets seen by others. And too, once you have them out there a lot locally, when one gets a gift that's in that bag, they will love the gift even before they open and see what's inside. :)

Ronnie, you have every right to be a proud Papa. The bags are awesome. And I love your free local delivery. Wonderful way to stand out from all the competition. Love your web site. I'd say for a guy you have ladies figured out pretty good. Do you offer seminars for men not so attuned?

Ronnie, you have every right to be a proud Papa. The bags are awesome. And I love your free local delivery. Wonderful way to stand out from all the competition. Love your web site. I'd say for a guy you have ladies figured out pretty good. Do you offer seminars for men not so attuned?

Sharyl:

I dunno what gave you the idea that the Local Delivery was free cause it certainly doesn't say that ;) However, local delivery is cheaper than shipping it and has the added bonus of showing up in a nice bag, etc. I charge $4 for local delivery and the cheapest shipping option is UPS Ground which is around $7 or $8. There's no way I could afford to do the local delivery for free, given the costs of the packaging and the price of gas these days, but I wanted to offer a cheaper alternative to shipping for my local customers. I very much want to keep my business local and avoid shipping across the country if I can, so I try to make it more attractive for my local population.

As for seminars, it would be the blind leading the blind I'm afraid :) In my case I would have to say I'm an example of the old saying "even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while" ;-)

hehe ... hey I had to go back and re-read it myself when you said it earlier - thought I had put something in there I wasn't supposed to :) I don't have a storefront where my customers can come to me so I almost had to offer the delivery service. Local customers really didn't want to pay for huge shipping costs just to go across town, which was affecting my sales. Frankly I couldn't blame them. I'm not sure how the others who work from home do it, though I know a few that deliver if they happen to be in the area on other errands, etc.

Speaking of which, I may start a new thread on that .. thanx for the idea :)

They make me think your products are very trustworthy... KWIM? Very professional.

I forgot to look and see if you already did or not, but I bet your customers would love it if you made a 'gift option' to include a bag and a sheet or two of the tissue paper for those who do the online ordering. (for maybe like $1.50 extra to off set costs) That way, everyone gets to enjoy your beautiful bags and because lots of people hate having to deal with gift wrapping. And its that time of year yanno!

They make me think your products are very trustworthy... KWIM? Very professional.

I forgot to look and see if you already did or not, but I bet your customers would love it if you made a 'gift option' to include a bag and a sheet or two of the tissue paper for those who do the online ordering. (for maybe like $1.50 extra to off set costs) That way, everyone gets to enjoy your beautiful bags and because lots of people hate having to deal with gift wrapping. And its that time of year yanno!

Now that's a very interesting idea! I'll have to explore how to do that in my cart .. thanx a bunch!

Very very VERY nice! Like someone else mentioned it makes your products professional looking and like you have every intention of sticking around. :)

Was it really expensive? Do you mind me asking who did it for you? Uline?

Don't mind at all :)

The bags were done by www.superiorgiftwrap.com because they were the only one I could find that had both sizes of the bag in the same finish that had a low minimum quantity order AND would put the logo on both sides of the bag for a decent price.

I got 1000 bags (500 of each size) for an average of $1.09 per bag, not including shipping or the one-time plate charge.

Keith at Superiorgiftwrap was extremely nice to deal with and they got them done for me in right at 2 weeks.

Those are very nice. Packaging is just as important as the product. I see so many crafters at craftshows throwing their nice handmade gifts in a grocery plastic bag. It looks so tacky and cheap. I always wrap my products in seasonal tissue and place in a vellum bag. I wish I could afford to offer a nice bag.

Those are very nice. Packaging is just as important as the product. I see so many crafters at craftshows throwing their nice handmade gifts in a grocery plastic bag. It looks so tacky and cheap. I always wrap my products in seasonal tissue and place in a vellum bag. I wish I could afford to offer a nice bag.

Check with Keith@superiorgiftwrap. They can do printed bags in as few as 100 and single sided printing is cheaper than the both sides I wanted. Single sided custom bags were under $1 each