Reynolds Wrap PVC

GrandmaB

Not that great of a response for your first post grandmaB. I always thought if you didn't know the answer to the question, why bother post a response to it.

Reynolds wrap is different than any other kind of saran wrap how? I say use it.

GrandmaB posted the question. PA is the one that posted the non-answer. Nice welcome to the newbie ring of fire.

PVC wraps are less permeable than low density polyethylene (LDPE), and will keep keep anything wrapped in it more air tight but have been found to release plactisizers (DEHA, DBP, and DEHP) into foods, in particular fatty foods, and the enviroment. As most organic based soap has a high fat content from super fatting I would say the odds are soap will probabaly be at high risk.

LDPE, is less dence so not as air tight, nor does it strech or cling as well as placticised PVC, but it is considered safer and more enviromentaly safe. Glad Cling Wrap, Handi-Wrap, and Saran Premium Wrap are LDPE-based. I am not familiar with Sam’s Club plastic wrap, but as LDPE is cheaper to manufacture it is probabaly LDPE.

PVC wraps are less permeable than low density polyethylene (LDPE), and will keep keep anything wrapped in it more air tight but have been found to release plactisizers (DEHA, DBP, and DEHP) into foods, in particular fatty foods, and the enviroment. As most organic based soap has a high fat content from super fatting I would say the odds are soap will probabaly be at high risk.

LDPE, is less dence so not as air tight, nor does it strech or cling as well as placticised PVC, but it is considered safer and more enviromentaly safe. Glad Cling Wrap, Handi-Wrap, and Saran Premium Wrap are LDPE-based. I am not familiar with Sam’s Club plastic wrap, but as LDPE is cheaper to manufacture it is probabaly LDPE.

GrandmaArial, now that is a real answer!

e

lol.

Here's another real answer, less scientific.

I've used Sam's Food Service Film 905C for ages and ages on my M&P. It stretches to fit, clings to hold, scent stays in (I have some that's probably 3 years old), doesn't get gummy, and is still just as good as the day I made it.

I wouldn't bother to answer if I didn't know. But that's just me.

www.StuffSunshineLikes.com

It's not on my shelf. It's in a box, packed and forgotten. I occasionally get some out to use when I run out of "real" soap, which I get from people like eugenia. I don't sell soap. Not on purpose, anyway. I sometimes give it away, sometimes throw it in a gift basket if the buyer wants soap, but for all intents and purposes, it was something I once thought I wanted to do but decided not to.

To be more specific, I made a bunch, and now it's curing. :P

Other than recently dabbling around with making some using EO which I'm using in gift baskets, soap isn't my thing.

I should add that the Sam's wrap is made by Reynolds.

I occasionally get some out to use when I run out of "real" soap, which I get from people like eugenia. I don't sell soap. Not on purpose, anyway.

I guess I'm confused after reading this on your homepage of your website. Maybe you should put the above comment in it's place.

We also hand craft skin-loving

Happy Butter™ Body Butter and Body Frosting, as well as

Alcohol-Free Perfume,

Shea Butter Soap

and Tub Tea.

You're right, of course. I guess the concept of dabbling with something new and putting it on your website (read description: "made with EO") and letting folks know it's available is foreign to you. I don't take it to stores, I don't actively promote it, I don't have it on my shelf, and I didn't realize I had to write a book on my site to let people know the entire history of my soapmaking, lol. So sorry to confuse you.

That said, I answered the question. Did you?

Not that great of a response for your first post grandmaB. I always thought if you didn't know the answer to the question, why bother post a response to it.

Reynolds wrap is different than any other kind of saran wrap how? I say use it.

wait, you didn't answer either..so why did you respond?

Oh no! I am going to respond with nothing more to say than you are all a bunch of catty ladies!

oh and chill out!

Oh and I idn't answer until after I already posted!

oh crap and I have a ton of typos!

Don't pay attention to these crabby broads!

Just live and let live!

I personally prefer to use shrink bags for my MP soaps. I get 4x6 shrink bags from WSP and use my heat gun to shrink it! I prefer this because I get NO sweating and many of my clear soaps are meant to stay clear and pretty so that you can see the embeds

HA HA the crabs will always be crabs, as Hawaiians say more makule (old) more pupule (crazy)

Nice to see the crew out in full form. :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

I get my "real soap" from GG har

Oh no! I am going to respond with nothing more to say than you are all a bunch of catty ladies!

oh and chill out!

Oh and I idn't answer until after I already posted!

oh crap and I have a ton of typos!

Don't pay attention to these crabby broads!

Just live and let live!

I personally prefer to use shrink bags for my MP soaps. I get 4x6 shrink bags from WSP and use my heat gun to shrink it! I prefer this because I get NO sweating and many of my clear soaps are meant to stay clear and pretty so that you can see the embeds