100% soy wax supplier IL

Hi! I know of a place, but i havent used them yet. However I asked in the fragrance discussion area if anyones used them, and I havent heard anything. But they have several waxes! Please let me know if you try them and how they work for you! I am in Illinois too so if you like it i might try it!

http://www.nuscentscandle.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=101&Category_Code=CWA

:highfive:

Well, I just spent about an hour on that website and this little paragraph will be keeping me away from that company:

Since most of the waces[sic], scents, etc. are mixed from raw ingredients, batches may vary from time to time & you may need to adjust your formulas slightly. We highly recommend test burning all of your candles before selling them so that you know exactly what your customers will be receiving.

I have already done my testing and won't be interested in testing again. I made that mistake once with another company and needless to say I had to resell a pallet of their wax.

That is too bad because I really wanted someone closer to home too!

Unless you sell enough soy to warrant a pallet when buying...I think even the 100% soy changes a bit from time to time. It is a crop that is grown every year and the beans vary according the climate conditions, soils types and even the pesticides used on the field. I live in soy bean country and I often hear about the quality/quantity of crops each fall as they harvest the bean.

I agree, I have always heard that with soy it has to be tested with each new batch. I think its worth a shot, I might go ahead and try some of the waxes some time when I get around to it since its here in illinois. And Kuepie, all the links are working for me. I just click the tabs at the top to navigate around. Hope it works for you.

Since most of the waces[sic], scents, etc. are mixed from raw ingredients, batches may vary from time to time & you may need to adjust your formulas slightly. We highly recommend test burning all of your candles before selling them so that you know exactly what your customers will be receiving.

This is what I took off of Nu Scents website. That is the reason I won't be buying from them. I'm not sure what you mean by what does this have to do with Nu Scents? This whole post is about Nu Scents :confused:

I wanted to find a closer supplier and I was offered this site. I stated why I won't use it, I then stated my reasons. It has been over 3 years since I've had to do any testing at all on my products. I spent alot of money in my first year on testing and all that - I'm done & don't want to do it anymore. I want to keep my money in my pocket now. :P

I'm sure you guys can relate!

Well, I just spent about an hour on that website and this little paragraph will be keeping me away from that company:

I have already done my testing and won't be interested in testing again. I made that mistake once with another company and needless to say I had to resell a pallet of their wax.

That is too bad because I really wanted someone closer to home too!

I have no idea why they make that statement or what wax they are speaking of when the make that statement but I've used C-3 since it came out and it's a great 100% soy wax! I've never gotten a bad box and I by 5-10 boxes at a time!

The only way to really have your questions answered is to call the store and ask why they made that blurb on their web site?:confused:

Maybe they open the cases and add something but they shouldn't.

I do pull batches with my candles which means when I am making 80 French Vanilla container candles I pull a random candle from the batch and hand it off to a tester to be tested. But that just common sense because I'm not as worried about the wax changing as I am the F/O changing.